Chapter XXIV

Chapter 24

A m a n d a 

"Wake up princess." I open my eyes and immediately recognize those brown eyes staring back at me. I instantly sit up and glance around, only to be meet with a white interior, almost reminding me of the asylum.

"You're not here? No. Am I dead?" He looks at me, a sad expression decorating his features.

"No, you're not dead just unconscious."

"What are you talking about? Why are you talking to me? You're not here? I'm dreaming ain't I? Jacob you're not here...." He shakes his head while putting a hand on my cheek, his soft finger tips creasing it gently.

"You're safe for now, but you need to stay away." 

It's my turn to shake my head. I don't care if this is my imagination I'm not giving up. "No! I'm not giving up. I feel it I'm close." I exclaim moving away, causing his hand to drop from my cheek and onto the white tiled floor.

"I know you are, but it's better to stay away."

........

I wake up on a cold floor. My head throbbing as I slowly move.

"Jacob?" I whisper but no response only silence.

What happened?

I sit up and look around through my half-closed eyelids as a shiver goes through me, causing me to rub my arms.

My mind tries to rail in everything that happened in the past minutes or maybe even hours until the realization hits me like a ton of bricks in the face causing me to stand- almost falling with the attempt if it wasn't for the wall beside me.

I shake my head and blink rapidly, trying to clear my mind.

Where's my phone? I frantically check my front and back pockets yet there empty.

Okay, Linda calm down. I take deep breathes trying to soothe my racing heart and look around for any clues of where I am. From the looks of it I appear to be in an old house or cabin. It's dark, however, I can make out the silhouette of a wardrobe due to the moonlight gleaming through the small window, and a lap sitting on a table in the far corner of the small room.

I lean off the wall, my heart pounding fast and loud in my chest, and make my way to the door which appears to be ajar. 

Taking another deep breath, I grab the cold knob and open the wooden door wider. Taking a step outside- gently closing the door behind me. 

 Silence fills the building except for the sound of my footsteps, which sound like thunder roaring in a dark sky, along with my heart.

My pulse quickens as I stare at the door at the end of the hall- the only one with the lights on, illuminating part of the hallway.

Every instinct in me tells me to run the other way- to run out this building and call for help yet my body has a different plan and because I'm dumb and learn nothing from scary movies I walk towards it. 

I lean on the wall close to the door. Trying to detect any sound coming from the room, but the only sound I can hear is the sound of dripping water- surely from the rain. 

Come on Linda you can do this.

Without a second thought, I turn and step into the room.

 The sight in front of me has my throat clogged with emotions. Oh my.