Chapter XXXIII

(warning: Violence involved)

Chapter 33

L i n d a

 She wasn't kidding when she said she lived far. 

I park along the sidewalk. feeling my heart race as I step out and head towards her front door. 

Something's not right. I feel it. But that doesn't stop me as I move closer, passing her car which is on the driveway- the memory from last night hitting me full force.

Her house looks dull and lonely as if no one lives there. Even the few houses around look abandoned, almost no sign of life. I take a deep breath as I walk past her car. Getting closer to the wooden porch. 

 It's my fault she ran off last night.

The steps creak as I step on them, my hand getting ready to knock until I notice the door cracked open. Yet no sound on the other side of it.

I push it gently, opening it a little wider. 

"Eva?" I call out. My voice echoing inside. I step in. Not bothering to close the door and feel the temperature drop, causing a shiver to go down my spine.

My eyes widen as I reach the end of the hall. Staring at the mess in the living room. As if a tornado passed through here. Glass is shattered everywhere, cabinet's and tables knocked over along with dents and holes on the wall.

Oh no.

"Eva!"  I yell looking around frantically.

Suddenly I hear the front door slam shut followed by heavy footsteps. I look up- spotting a figure looking directly at me. Completely covered in all black from head to toe.  His brown eyes and lips on display.

I turn on my heels and bolt trying to head to one of the closest rooms without tripping on some objects lying on the floor, but it's too late. Strong arms wrap around me lifting me in the air as if I weigh nothing.

"Help!" I yell,  struggling, kicking and hitting- trying to escape from his hold.

The attacker slams a hand on my mouth. "Shh quiet down." He snaps.

I keep struggling until finally, I feel his hold loosen. I throw my head back, probably breaking his nose in the process and causing him to yelp in pain and drop me to the floor.

I waste no time getting up and making my way to the front door. Not daring to look back but I'm grabbed once again and thrown roughly on to a couch close by. I try to get up, yet the person pushes me down. Pinning me to the couch.

"Eva!" I yell again.

"She's not here. We took care of her" His voice gruff and threatening. I can see the blood trailing from his nose to his lip.

I struggle again, attempting to pull away from his tight grip. He lets go of one of my hands and suddenly my cheek  stings. He hit me.

"You fucking bitch. I can see why she wants you died." 

No, this can't be happening. I need to get out. I need to get help.

I feel him shift on top of me and without a second thought I knee him in the groin, causing him to grunt and roll over- falling to the glass covered floor. I jump up as fast as I can and run to the front door- wrenching it open.

I need to get to my car.

"Help me!" I shout stumbling my way down the steps. Hoping that whoever is out there is listening. Hoping someone will show up upon my cries.