Into-and Out of-the Mind of Severus Snape

I had gone into his mind to see if I could find out why Snape had shown every emotion towards me except what he showed towards the others.

Upon entering, I found myself in a memory of Snape in a park, watching two girls in swings. Not listening, I figured from the photos Harry had shown me that the younger girl was my mum, and the older was Petunia. From the way Snape was watching them, I figured he had a major crush on Lily.

Exiting, I figured he still did, and I reminded him of her, and his pain was causing his meaness towards me. Harry, however was a different story. He hated Harry. At the moment, however, I was the object of his hatred.

"POTTER!" he roared.

"Which one?" I asked.

"You will address me as 'sir' or 'professor', understood?"

"Yes, sir. Which one, sir?"

"You."

"What'd I do, sir?"

"You know what you did."

"Actually, sir, no I don't, sir."

"Detention on Saturday at six, Potter."

"A.M. or P.M., sir?"

"P.M., you insolent little girl."

"Really, sir? I believe you remember what happened last time you called me insolent?" Everyone was shocked to see his eyes widen in fear and him take several steps away. "That's what I thought, sir." adding as much contempt as possible into the last syllable. Just then, the bell rang.

"See you Saturday, sir." I said, then walked out of the class. The class soon broke out of their stupor and followed.