Dumbledore's Question

When I came to again, Harry was at my bedside, waiting to tell me that Sirius had broken into the school again, and had gotten into the Tower.

"I'm really glad you were in here instead of the Tower last night Sarah. I'm afraid he might've gone after you." he said.

"Really? Oh, so it's ok for you to face Voldemort and nearly die, but the second there's the slightest possiblity something could happen, I have to run and hide?" I ask.

"Yes!" he said, shocked. "Why should any of my friends...or family.... get hurt?"

"Stupid hero complex..." I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" he asked.

"Nothing, nothing." I waved him off. Just then, Dumbledore entered the room.

"Ah, you're awake, good. Harry, if you would excuse us..." he trailed off. Harry left immediatly.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"I was wondering...how did you manage to shut your magic off last week in my office?"

"I-wait, last week? I've been out for a week?!"

"Yes, Madam Pomfrey kept you in an induced coma to make sure there was no brain damage. You took quite a fall."

"Oh."

"Back to the question at hand. How?"

I shrugged. "I dunno. I think it's from keeping my magic hidden all those years. You learn to hide it when the boys...." I trailed off, shuddering at the memory. Suddenly, Dumbledore's gaze pierced mine, and it felt like he was poking a long, thin stick against my brain. I pushed the 'stick' away;it had been making me uncomfortable.

"Curious.." he mumbled, and I saw a flash of excitment in his eyes before it vanished, only to be replaced by the usual sparkle.

"Dumbledore?" I asked. He looked at me. "Could we possibly...free Sirius? Clear his name?"

"I don't know, we'd have to see." he replied, then stood up. "Good-bye for now, Ms.Potter. I expect to see you at dinner."

"Yes sir." I said, knowing full well he wouldn't.

A/N~Hey guys!! Another chapter written! I only have a few more, then it's on to book four!! YAY!! Hey, that rhymed! Anyways, the major scenes left (in my version, it's different.) are the Shrieking Shack and....Remus leaving, so.....two, three more chapters maybe? We'll just say between one and four, how 'bout that? That sound good? Good! Thanks for putting up with these ravings of a madwoman!
                                                -Starry