Chapter 8: Switcheroo

[Your POV]
You stared at the door after Candy walked out. You felt something roll down your cheek and drop onto the floor, a tear. The hurt that you felt was even worse now.

The queasy feeling you felt on the ferris wheel came back to you, you were once again reminded on how much he cheated you. The smile he gave you was probably fake, but it felt so...real...

"Let me remind you, Dipper's mine, he never liked you," Candy's voice played in my head, repeating that phrase over and over and over.

"(Y/N)? You okay?" Pacifica asked, walking to your side and placing her arm around you in a comforting way. Gideon had also closed his book and went to your other side.

"I...guess..." you replied, wiping your eyes and returning to the couch.

"You know, if you need help, we can um...provide it[?]" Gideon offered, trying to comfort you with a smile before giving you an awkward hug. You felt the awkwardness but you have to admit, he is a pretty good hugger.

"I'm fine, okay?" you said to both your friends and yourself. You didn't come here for boyfriend hunting, you came here to see part of this massive world we call Earth.

"Since your electronic devices can't work, let's sneak into the woods to find the water piggies!" Pacifica exclaimed excitedly. You really appreciated her enthusiasm in all situations.

"Water pixies," Gideon corrected, flipping to a page in his book and pointing to a drawing of a small creature.

You looked at it, it was cute and you wanted to believe that it was real but...

"Those things don't exist, do they?" you pointed out. With 16 years of life experience, you were very sure where the line of reality and fantasy was.

Gideon looked frustrated at your comment.

"They exist! They really do! This journal is full of real stuff, at least, that was what Gideon says," Pacifca smiled, looking nervously at Gideon.

"Well, I guess I have to prove it to you then," said Gideon with newfound determination, "come on."

He opened the door and walked out, Pacifica shrugged to you and followed him. You caved and walked out after them, following Gideon closely.

As you walked down the streets, you could feel people pointing and whispering at you. You tried to ignore that feeling, it didn't work that well.

Suddenly, someone tapped you on the shoulder, you turn to see a girl around your age, she wore a cap, shadowing her face and a surgical mask over her nose and mouth.

"Hello, are you...(Y/N)?" she said, her voice was a little muffled through the mask. Gideon and Pacifica heard her and stopped, turning around to face her and you.

"...yeah, why?" you answered.

"Ok, good, I need you to follow me," she grabbed your wrist and pulled you in the other direction.

"Wait, what?"

"I'll explain when I reach the Mystery Shack, but we can't let Pacifica and Gideon catch up, you need to hurry," she pulled you harder, forcing you to speed up into a run.

She pulled you to the Mystery Shack but didn't enter from the front, instead, she went all the way to the back where there was a ladder and motioned you to climb it. You did, hesitantly.

She was closely behind, still with a sense of urgency.

The ladder led to an open window, which you hurled yourself in. The girl followed in immediately after.