Chapter 11: You Are Only Young Once

<Dipper's POV>
"There was shouting in the room, is everything alright?" the door opened and Mabel stepped in. I was lying on my bed and reading the journal when she did this.

I sat up and looked at Mabel suspiciously, "are you okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You are acting weird," I replied, scanning her. She was in a pink dress and had a hot pink headband wrapped around the top of her head but her amulet was no where to be seen.

"Where is your amulet?"

"My what?"

"Your amulet," I gestured to the blue stone on my chest.

"Why do you have Gideon's amulet? You need to remove it, it's very dangerous!" Mabel exclaimed, shocked.

"Gideon?"

"Yeah, we saw him just now, white hair, short," she described, outing her hand at shoulder level to show Gideon's height, "he had this amulet that we destroyed, why do you have it?"

I looked at my journal and re-read a sentance, it's like nothing I've seen, everything, every...one, they are completely different, their personality all did a 180 flip, I looked at Mabel. Her eyes were brown, warm and caring, something that everyone would have thought her incapable of.

"What is your favourite colour?"

"Hot pink."

"What do you like to wear?"

"Sweaters."

"Who is your best friend?"

"Candy and Grenda."

I looked at her, speechless. This has to be a dream, or she's lying, I refuse to believe anything.

It's honestly phenomenal, how someone you thought you knew so well suddenly become an entirely different person.

"Where did you say you're from?"

"Gravity Falls, why?"

Gravity Falls, the place of opposites.

That's impossible. Mabel is from another dimension? Or maybe she...nevermind.

"You seem pretty disturbed, imma just..." Mabel smiled awkwardly and gestured for the door before scrambling out sheepishly. I barely noticed her actions until the door slammed shut behind her.

That was proof enough that Mabel isn't my twin. Either that or Mabel decided to entertain me. The former is surprisingly more probable.

However, there must be a reason why Mabel Pines got to this dimension. People don't just travel from dimension to dimension randomly and without reason.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in," I sighed. (Y/N) opened the door and stepped in.

"I'm sorry, Dipper, I let my feelings go beyond what's important," she apologised, "can we go back to helping Mabel?"

I looked at her, thinking about how to react.

"Nope," I replied, lying onto my bed, "I feel like doing something else."

"What?"

"Yeah, let's play a little game, do some other fun stuff and then go help my sister," I suggested, at least, I think it was me.

<Your POV>
You looked at Dipper, not knowing how to comprehend what he just said.

"I'll take that as an agreement," he said when you didn't answer.