Chapter 13: Dipper's Past {Part 1}

Before I start the chapter, I would like to thank WinnieOng9 for adding this story into your reading list.

I may have changed the cover and the title of the story as I realised that the title had nothing to do with the story. It's just a minor change, nothing much.
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

<Your POV>
"Um...DID is largely c-caused by c-childhood trauma, either sexual or p-physical abuse. When M-Master was just a baby, his f-family thought him to be in-inauspicious due to a s-superstition that was p-passed down through the G-Gleeful family, something a-about his b-birthmark," he stopped and thought about how to phrase the next sentance.

"So his f-father l-locked him in a c-cellar even before he was o-one year old. The o-only human beings he s-saw at that t-time was his parents; the m-mother coming in 3 t-times a day to d-deliver food and t-teach him b-basic motor and interactive s-skills. And his f-father who comes in everyday to beat him u-up and v-vent out his anger."

You realised that Will's eyes, or eye in his case, was darting around, like he was afraid that someone would come.

"Then?"

"This c-continued day after day until he was e-eight, his mother died in a c-car accident. The accident made a huge im-impact on his father, t-turning him into a d-drinker. He would c-come back, drunk and angry, and...w-well..." he stopped to take in some air, "it's amazing h-he actually survived w-with just a few b-broken bones."

You kept quiet, listening with great interest.

"M-Mistress found out a-about her brother and got hold of a ph-phone, authorities were alerted and th-they twins were taken out of the father's custody, th-their great uncles offered to care f-for them. That's h-how they got here."

"M-Master was sent to a h-hospital and got everything fixed, e-everything except the memories of his childhood. They th-thought it was fine u-until Master started e-experiencing traumatic flashbacks and attempted suic-"

"Wait, weren't you...you were just...how?" you turned to face the voice, it was Mabel. She looked shocked, colour drained from her face.

"M-Mistress!"

"How are you...you were...you were bleeding and...how are..." she can't seem to phrase her sentances properly. You thought you looked like that when you saw Will.

She backed out the door and ran down the hallway, muttering to herself phrases like, "This isn't real." and "This is just a dream."

"Wait, Mabel!" you called, she didn't hear you.

"W-What exactly happened to M-Mistress?" Will asked.

"She said she was from a place called Gravity Falls and that this guy or whatever named Bill or something sent her here to find me," you answered.

You could tell Will was trying hard not look shocked but it wasn't working. Something about this Bill guy seem to have a huge impact on him.

You waited for him to collect himself and looked at him expectantly.

"I really c-can't tell you this information...you need to ask M-Master if he is willing to disclose h-his past," Will stammered like a child that found out he had done something horribly wrong.

"B-But-"

"I'm sorry, I'm n-not even suppose to tell you a-anything. I'll take m-my leave now," he tried to sound firm but was failing to do so, "I'm sorry for w-what you had to see."

He snapped his fingers and you felt like a bucket of invisible powder was dumped over you. You realised that your bloody dress was replaced by a teal coloured one.

"What-"

Before you had time to question your situation, Will disappeared into thin air.

You were robbed of your voice.

This has to be fake right? Magic isn't real, it's just optical illusions...right? To be honest, you weren't really sure...

Mabel returned to the room.

"Are you kidding me? He isn't even here now?" she seemed just as confused as you were, only for a different reason.

"Will said he was a dream demon, I guess he is immortal?" you pointed out, trying to calm her down a bit. On the contrary, she looked at you in horror.

"Dream demon? Immortal? Will?" she echoed, "Will Cipher...Bill Cipher...they are practically the same thing! This is all a trap, he wants to separate me from Dipper and this is what he does."

Her blabbering seemed to make sense for her but you can't seem to comprehend what she said.

"Just one thing...Bill is a triangle...Will is a human..." Mabel continued, you realised she was thinking out loud to herself and not to you, "but Bill is a shape-shifter...he could easily turn into a human..."

Her face suddenly lit up, "Maybe he made deal with someone, why else would he spend all that energy?"

<3rd Person's View>
"There you go, my end of the deal fulfilled, your turn."

"Relax, as long as they don't get in my way, my end will be fulfilled sooner than later."

"They have a lot of control over you, don't they?"

"Not anymore, if I'm right, they won't be triggered that easily without th-"

Someone knocked on the door.

"M-Master, you alright in th-there?" came a voice from the door.

"Yeah," was the answer. Footsteps signalled that the duo were alone again.

"Just make sure they remain under control...I'll do my part, I promise."

"Then I'll take my leave [for now...] but remember; I'll be watching you...I'LL BE WATCHING YOU!" a blinding flash lighted up the otherwise dark room...

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

So quick A/N,
Dissociative Identity Disorder is real and affects about 1% of the population. Because of that, the disorder is not that known to science and not very much understood.

Therefore, the information and how I portray Dipper may be...off...if you have DID and find that any part of how I write is wrong, feel free to drop a comment.

I am doing a lot of research on my part from the start of this story but because it's such an interesting disorder, I decided to spend more time developing it into the main part of the story.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this story so far and don't forget to leave a vote or comment if you liked it.

I'll be seeing you in the next chapter!! BUH BYE!!!!!