Chapter 20: Recollection

I'll start off by apologising for a long wait for this chapter. I have no reason to delay it for so long since my exams are over. However, I had a huge writer's block. If you didn't get the message, it. Was. HUGE.

Anyways, here it is. Sorry if it isn't up to many standards, I really can't think anymore.

Wait, almost forgot! I would like to thank theo_2006 karsa95 BlossomTumangkeng AlexTheSecond92MCPE kat873 Jade051502 TrendyPhoenix Winter_Star07 sebas_chan1 toms_girl Morgan_La_Fae CroalineRoseCullen Demonlover19 SheliaGarnet and iamvoltrontrash for adding this story in a reading list of yours! Here are your cookies: 🍪 🍪🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪!

Now you can read!

[Your POV]
You strolled into the cave, catching your breath while walking up the stone steps of the cave. It looked magnificent, how the stones and rocks around you carve into a passageway.

Just then, you heard soft crashing of water, sort of like what you would hear when you're near a fountain. You wanted to see where the sound was coming from, so you followed it. It led you to a mini waterfall, its sapphire blue waters splashing into a circular oasis, creating gentle waves and a breathtaking sight.

Just as you were about to sit down and admire the sight, you heard a soft gasp for air behind you...

"Bloody beast, this is what you get for hurting me," it was Tyrone! He sounded very weak and pained. You remained in your position, either too worried, tired or afraid to turn around. However, you could sense and hear him walk up to you.

"Regret not listening to me?" he asked smugly.

"No, just..." you thought about what to say, "What the hell was that thing?"

"A wendigo, man-eating monster, has the ability to imitate the voice of someone closest to its victim, fierce, scary, stuff like that," he replied and dipped his hands inside the water to wash them. You watched as he does that, in a daze as you processed what he said.

"Well, thank you," you sat next to him, "I'd have died if you didn't save me..." You gave him a smile, even if you hate him, he did help, a whole lot.

You made your way beside him, not speaking a word. You two sat in awkward silence after that, neither knowing what to say. Your eyes traced the waterfall, it came down from a hole in the roof of the cave. From that hole, you could see the stars that lit up the sky.

The moonlight that poured in illuminated Tyrone's face, there was a scratch on his right cheek which was bleeding. You pointed it out to him but he merely shrugged indifferently.

The awkward silence returned, it felt as if your observation made it worse. You looked back up at the stars.

Your brother was an astrology enthusiast, he would spend hours looking up at the stars. When you were with him, he would tell you the names of the constellations.