Chapter 16: Memory Erasal

Before I start this chapter, I would like to thank Kk_williams18 for adding this story into a reading list of yours. Here's your cookie! 🍪

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

<Your POV>
You jolted awake, gasping for air.

"You know, next time when you wake up, try not to sit up immediately. You almost collided into me," someone said. You looked in his direction. A teenage boy with chocolate brown hair and blue eyes.

"Sorry, Tyrone," it was the first name that came to your mind when you saw him.

"It's fine, (Y/N). Anyways, I was just wondering, do you know anyone by the name of, I don't know, Dipper?" he asked. That's weird, what's with the sudden question? Anywho, you wracked your brain trying to think of a face to match that name.

Nothing came up.

"I'm pretty sure Dipper isn't a name of a person," you replied.

"That is true, to some extent," he mumbled before realising he said it out loud, "I mean--don't worry about it."

You wanted to open your mouth to joke around with him like you would to any other old friends but something overcame you...

Hatred

"What am I doing here?" you questioned, angry at the man in front of you for an unknown reason. However, it soon overpowered everything in your mind.

You knew you were glaring at him and you know he can sense your anger but he smiled pleasantly at you. It only caused your hatred to swell.

"Do you need a written invitation to answer a question?"

"No, I don't. I just don't want to answer something that comes from your mouth," he smirked and left the room. You wanted to grab him by the shoulder and talk to him but he locked the door behind him.

If only you could plunge a knife into him, it would be the happiest moment in your life.

"Let. Me. Out." you demanded, throwing yourself against the door between every word. All that did was hurt your shoulder.

With a grunt, you slumped onto the bed, sighing at your luck. The guy you hate the most just locked you in a room. You don't even know why you hate him, you just do.

>>Time Skip>>
"Hey, ther-"

"Shhhhh, it may be a fake."

"Why wou-"

"Shhhhh!"

You turned to your side, a little pissed to be awaken from your slumber by two voices that seem to float between dreams and reality.

"It's (Y/N)!"

"You're gonna get us caught, Pacifica!"

"No one can hear us, Gid."

Pacifica? Gid? Where have you heard those names before...

And image surfaced in your mind:

At that, you sat up to face the sound, it came from the window. Two heads slid down out of sight but soon raised back cautiously. The sliver moonlight reflected off a head of pure white hair and made the blonde colour seem grey.

Pacifica and Gideon, your friends, your head told you.

"Pacifica? Gideon?" you went towards the window to open it. You tried escaping through the same window but it was a death drop down to the ground. Pacifica and Gideon were hanging for dear life onto a grappling hook.

"(Y/N)!" Pacifica exclaimed as they swang into the room, "we were worried sick."

She engulfed you in a tight hug.

"Yeah, and who knew that the manor had a shit load of rooms to search?" Gideon grumbled while removing his hat to comb his fingers through his hair. He looked at you for a moment.

"We thought Dipper did something to you! You are okay, right?" There was that name again, Dipper, what's up with it?

"Yeah, I'm fine," you ensured Pacifica.

"No, you're not. (Y/N), since when do you have grey eyes?" Gideon asked suddenly

"What?"

"Nevermind, let's get out first, we should be able to repel down the building. Here, help me," Gideon said as he threw one end of a rope to Pacifica who tied it tightly onto one if the bed post while Gideon threw the other end down the window.

"(Y/N), hold on tightly and skip down the side of the wall. Take your time, we can't have you falling," Gideon instructed, helping you up the window.

Looking down at the vertical drop from the window of the room, you couldn't help but feel a little nervous. You did abseiling before but this was hardly similar.

"Don't worry, you will be fine, it looks dangerous but we have done it enough times to say that it's not," assured Pacifica, giving you an encouraging smile.

"Be careful, though."

Welp, you only live once. You held the rope for dear life and stepped out. Your body flew a few feets downwards before your hands tightened onto the rope to stop you. Your heart was beating loudly and pounded through your head, chest, hands---basically your entire body.

"Be careful!" you heard Gideon yell.

Slowly and carefully, you moved yourself down. Like climbing down a rope ladder, just with one side of the ladder.

Finally, your feet came in contact with the floor. You let out a breath you didn't realise you were holding.

Gideon was already making his way down. With that stout body of his, you were surprised when he got down with only a few deft moves. He must have done this more than you thought. Pacifica followed and in no time at all, the pair was next to you.

"Let's go, before we set off any alarms," Gideon whispered and ran off, you followed him with Pacifica behind you.

"That was simple enough," you didn't expect escaping from a manor to be so easy.

"The Gleefuls fired all of their servants except one, they have almost zero security," Pacifica explained when she saw the look on your face, "let's go."

They led you to a golf cart and you hopped in as Gideon started the engine and drove off to the mystery shack.

"So, (Y/N), are you sure Dipper didn't do anything to you?" Gideon started.

It was the third time you heard that name but you can't seem to recall who the hell was this Dipper guy.

"Who's Dipper?"

"I knew it," Gideon grumbled, flipping through his book at crazy speeds while trying to drive.

"Knew what?" Pacifica and you asked in unison. However, looking at Gideon's frustrated expression, you don't think that you wanted to know.

"Gleeful brainwashed her..."