Chapter 22: The Core

When you came back to reality, you found your hand on Dipper's, your eyes was looking deeply into his. You could tell he was into this and surprisingly, you were too.

What he told you, all that he told you. You weren't weirded out at all. On the contrary, you felt sorry for him. You didn't believe what his butler told you back then but now you've heard it from his own mouth.

You cannot fathom the thought of a mind literally shattered into pieces like a vase. You always thought that the human mind was invincible. What could be stronger than invincible?

His father. The one person that people trust with everything.

There was an invincible force pushing you closer to Dipper. You wanted to comfort him. So you let the force lead you, you wanted to see what it will lead to...

"Forget it, it's nothing," Dipper said suddenly, you snapped out of your daze.

"It isn't nothing!" you protested.

"You should go to sleep, it has been a long day and you must be tired," He continued, ignoring you.

"Dipper..."

"Just sleep," he snapped, a completely different person. He wasn't even looking at you anymore, his eyes were fixed on his hands.

"Fine," you snapped back, wanting to run out of the cave only to realise that you may die out there in a night. So you stood up and stormed out to another wall. You sat down and pulled your knees towards yourself.

Why haven't you learnt your lesson? It happened last time too, didn't it? Why didn't you learn? Why do you allow yourself to be hurt like that again?

"Sleep, sleep, sleep...fine, I'll fucking sleep," you murmured, resting a cheek on your knees to face away from him. You closed your eyes and allowed yourself to drift off.

×××××××××××××××××××

[Dipper's POV]
I watched as she stomped away. I don't blame her, I blame myself; I'm opened myself up too much, I should have thought it through.

A blinding headache started pulsing through my skull.

Breathing deeply, I layed down on my back with my head resting on a hand. I closed my eyes. Almost instantly, I felt a presence. Like someone was standing right next to me.

"Do you need me to take over?"

I smiled, "No."

"It's okay, Dipper, I can take it."

"Go back, I'm fine," I reassured him. I heard an audible sigh escape my mouth.

"Oops, too late."

(A/N: Confusion is my new best friend)

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

[Your POV]
You woke up to a low humming, it sounded like a familiar song but you couldn't quite put your finger on it. You opened your eyes to find yourself surrounded by a blue mist. It smelt like some kind of overpowering perfume.

"Good morning, (Y/N)!" it came from Dipper who was now standing right next to you. Remembering what happened yesterday, you rolled your eyes and turned away.

"Aw, come on, Dipper was a jerk but you won't take it out on me, will you?" he said in a whining tone. You heard a soft plop, Dipper or maybe one of the other personalities has just dropped into a seated position unintentionally hard.

"Owwwwww," he whined, rubbing his behind and giving you puppy eyes.

"You're not Dipper?" you asked. Well, you kind of know the answer but you can't help asking.