The Gleeful Twins

Warning: The following chapter mentions abuse. If you feel that you may be uncomfortable reading this kind of content, you are welcomed to leave. Reader discretion is adviced.

I can't go on, if I do, I'll die.

I received another hard kick to my stomach and I felt more salty blood inside my mouth. I coughed it out, curling into a ball.

This has to be happening to someone else, it can't be me.

His laugh echoed through the halls as he grabbed a leather whip that was on the floor.

This isn't real.

I felt the leather rip at my skin. I whimpered and pulled my knees closer to my chest.

This isn't real.

The leather hit me once again, tearing through my shirt and skin easily. Tears streamed down my cheeks from the pain.

This. Isn't. Real.

It hit me again, harder, I felt my skin split. I let out a small yelp.

This. Is. Not. Real

I'm falling, the pain faded away, and I just felt...numb...
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

The door opened, letting in a little bit of light. A tall silhouette stood at the doorway, he smelt strongly of wine and he was holding a huge cane.

I backed away. He was back.

I watched as he stumbled towards me, sniffing and crying slightly.

"It was all your fault! You useless waste of space!" he scolded, raising his cane and starting to hit me. I wasn't really listening, I was trying my best not to break down in front of him, I knew he wanted me to scream, he wanted me to beg him for mercy as he continually whacked my body with a cane. There was no way I would give it to him.

It seemed almost natural, a daily activity, though I'm not sure how it started. Why was this man hitting me? Why he came in day after day to beat me up? I couldn't tell.

"You shouldn't have existed. She would have survived if it wasn't for you!" he shouted again, using all his might to hit his cane against my leg once again. I let out an agonizing scream, my leg burned like it was set on fire.

He stopped, I guess he figured I suffered enough. He will always go away after this. I waited after he stopped and watch him set his cane down. Finally...

"That's more like it, I'll stop with that. Well don't worry, I have something else..." he said and picked up a ceramic vase that was on the floor. There wasn't much light in my room but I was sure that he was walking towards me with the vase held over his head.

No. No, this will kill me. I tried to stand up to run to a place where he couldn't get me but my right leg burned in agony when I tried to move it. Was it...

I felt something heavy smash into the top of my skull, shattering into pieces. The shock wave travelled through my head, liquid poured into my face. Dots surrounded my vision followed by darkness and I collapsed onto the cold cement floor, my head against a warm liquid.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Mabel watched as she saw a young boy collapse onto the floor. Towering over him was her father, someone whom she trusted. How can the man standing in front of her be the same man that tucks her into bed?