Stuart// Silence

You had been mute for a few years. Ever since that night you hadn't talked. Your best friend (and the boy you had been in love with since you were 14) Stuart, was the only one that knew what happened. He wanted to tell someone, get you help and bring the man that hurt you to justice, but you wouldn't let him.

But he had stuck by your side through your depression stage and held you close when you went into a 'episode' as your mother liked to call them. Now the two of you were roommates  and both of you were interning at Google. You both were the smarty-pants nerds of your familys and you liked it that way.

Even tho you didn't speak, you always kept a notepad with you and every time Stuart asked you a question he instinctively looked down for your response.

"Yo, Y/n. I'm going to get take out. You want something?" Stuart said coming out of his bedroom into the living room jiggling his keys in his hand. HE was wearing his black beany with black jeans, a black jacket, white high-top converse and a dark navy blue shirt. He picked up his glasses from the coffee table were he had set them down earlier and put him on his face before turning to you.

He looked at you expectantly  you turned your notepad around to show him what you had wrote. Not really hungry, girl problems. But would you be a doll and stop by Wal-Mart and get me a box of pads and a pint of mint-chocolate chip ice cream. Pleaseeeee?"

You waited for him to finish reading and when he looked up to you you gave him the sweetest smile you had to offer. He sighed "okay sugar, anything for you." He said giving you a wink and heading out the door.

While Stuart was gone you just curled   up into a ball on the couch and started titanic for like the 5th time that week. The movie was about 40 minutes in when Stuart walked in to the apartment with a takeout bag in one hand and a Wal-Mart bag in the other. You wrote him a quick thanks and pulled out the ice cream from the bag. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed you a spoon before walking back over to you and ploping down on the couch.

He ate his food and watched the movie with you while you packed on a few pounds worth of ice cream. The entire time he kept his hand resting on your leg. He was constantly doing that.

Ever since that night he's had and urge to be near you, to let you know that he's here. And he was always gonna protect you. He felt guilty, guilty that he wasn't there to save you and then your subconscious pulled you into a mute state of mind.

When the movie was over Stuat went to get up but you grabbed his arm and stopped him. You were tired of this. You were gonna tell him how you felt about him. It was now or never. But you didn't want to write it. No, you were gonna speak it. You were bound and determined.

He looked at you with a confused a Dec before he sat back down on the couch. When he did you slowly crawled over into his lap feeling the need for him to hold you. His arms instinctively wrapped around you and pulled you close to him. "Y/n? What's up?" He asked brushing the hair from your face.

This was it...... You went to speak but all that came out was a strangled croak. You tired again and by this time Stuart had figured you you were trying to talk. He rubbed your back and looked at you concerned. "Hey, you don't have to speak if you don't  want to." He said looking into your eyes. You shook your head no. You were gonna do this.

"S-stuart-" you started but stoped trying to regain your composure. Stuart looked like a kid on Christmas morning. He was smiling ear to ear at the fact his best friend had spoke after all these years.

"S-stuart I l-lov-e yo-u" you chocked out. His features instantly softened. "I love you too Y/n." He said smiling at you still. No, he didn't get it.

"No, I-i don't mea-n as a friend. I mean  I'm i-n love with you." This sentence came out a little bit better. "And I w-wanted to tell you that. Not writ-e it."

He pulled you closer and one of his hand came up to your cheek. "I'm so happy that you spoke to me. You don't understand how bad I needed to hear that angelic voice of yours baby. I love you to. And not as a friend either." HE whispered to you.

Then as your heart stopped and you thought this was some awesome dream and the world couldn't get any better, he leaned forward and kissed you. At first you didn't know what to do, this being your first kiss (don't judge yourself. You wanted it to be stuart) but slowly your lips started to move against his and your hands were tangle in his hair. He ran his hands up and down your back while twisting your hair in between his fingers.

When your finally pulled back for breath you both were smiling ear to ear. Just looking at one another in the clam, peaceful, silence.