Chapter 4

CrowPaw glanced around camp from the Fresh Kill pile. It was sunDown now and she hadn't found RobinPaw. She saw SilverStrike getting ready to gaurd the camp for the night. She got up from the Fresh-Kill pile and padded up to him."Where's RobinPaw?"She demanded. SilverStrike's silver and white-striped pelt bristled."Oh! CrowPaw,"He sighed in relief."I thought she was with you."He sounded more concerned."Well she isn't!" CrowPaw snapped. SilverStrike lifted to his paws and hissed,"That mouse-brain!" And raced out of camp. CrowPaw opened her mouth but sighed, and raced after him.

When she caught up to SilverStrike he was at the ancient oak. His lips were curled back in a snarl."You get down here right now, RobinPaw! You are not a moon into training!" CrowPaw's head shot up. RobinPaw was balancing on a branch!"We have to be a moon into training!" She yowled at her. CrowPaw knew that all apprentices must be a moon into training before learning how to climb trees and attack on them. Something wet fell onto her nose. She gasped,"It's raining! She's going to lose balance!" It soon got heavier. RobinPaw was making her way down slowly. But then, her paw slipped and she came tumbling down. SilverStrike leaped after his apprentice. CrowPaw let out a screech when she saw a lightning bolt storm down a little ways in the forest. SilverStrike screeched,"RobinPaw get on your paws!" The robin-coloured apprentice clumsily landed on her paws.CrowPaw raced up to SilverStrike. As lightning struck again he grabbed RobinPaws scruff and leaped toward camp. CrowPaw followed behind. When they reached the entrance SilverStrike hissed,"CrowPaw in your den," And brought RobinPaw to the medicine den. CrowPaw raced into her den relunctantly, questions bubbling in her mind.Why did RobinPaw climb the ancient oak?Is she hurt? But never did an anwer come. Grooming her soaked pelt she paused and peered out of the den. RobinPaw wasn't in the apprentice den yet, which worried her. Scuffling her paws, a wet apprentice came in. It was to dark to see who it was.RobinPaw! She saw her friends red-coloured tail, and white patterns on it. She had to be uninjured or, she would still be in the medicine den. CrowPaw looked at her. RobinPaw's nest was right next to her. CrowPaw leaned over toward her but RobinPaw turned away, she hadn't groomed herself, just went to sleep. CrowPaw didn't hide the hurt in her eyes. RobinPaw didn't show herself again so CrowPaw fell asleep.