Chapter 20

TansyKit glanced at her mother."I can't walk,"She mewled. RobinWind purred."Let's teach you then." BreezeKit rushed over."I'm becoming a apprentice!" She boasted. a moon had passed since TansyKit was born."Good for you,"RainKit spat. FlowerBlossom sighed,"BreezeKit, don't brag," The scold made BreezeKit defensive,"I'm a apprentice, not a kit!" She hissed indignantly. RobinWind pushed BreezeKit out the den."Let's go," She picked up TansyKit. She squealed at her mother's sharp teeth gently pushing into her scruff. RobinWind dropped TansyKit. TansyKit scrambled up and gazed at BurrStar excitedly."BreezeKit has reached her sixth moon and now will be a apprentice..." TansyKit ignored every word except who her mentor was."Her mentor shall be CrowDawn." CrowDawn looked surprised but touched noses with her new apprentice. TansyKit stretched as BurrStar dissmissed the clan. She tumbled after her mother to outside of the nursery,"You kits need fresh air and its greenleaf and sunhigh so you cannot argue,"FlowerBlossom meowed sternly."I'd love to play out here!" TansyKit squealed. But none of the other kits do! She thought, but she didn't say it aloud or she would be a tattle."RainKit, SnowKit and ThistleKit play with TansyKit."RobinWind mewed."When are you patrol organizing?" FlowerBlossom asked RobinWind casually."Now probably.." TansyKit didn't listen. The other kits were gone! She sniffed. They were around. She carefully stepped closer to a oak that grew in camp near the nursery. She noticed ThrushFeather, her father, gathering his hunting patrol. Forgetting her search for her denmates, she skidded over to ThrushFeaher,"Hi, ThrushFeather!" TansyKit mewed. ThrushFeather gazed down at her."Hi, what are you doing over here?" TansyKit didn't anwer."I'm going on the hunting patrol!" She squeaked. ThrshFeather licked her cheek."Well, can you get SilverStrike and RippleTail for me? They're coming hunting with me," TansyKit nodded and bounded to the warriors den. She skidded to a halt when she saw the Fresh-Kill pile. I'll bring this mouse to RobinWind! She decided, seeing a mouse laying on top of a squirrel. She picked it up. She saw RippleTail and SilverStrike sharing tongues with eachother."SilverStrike RippleTail! You're going on a hunting patrol with ThrushFeather now!" She called over to the two toms. SilverStrike glanced at her and padded over with RippleTail,"Tell my kits I said hi!" The silver-and-white tom purred. TansyKit nodded and grabbed her mouse again. She bounded back to her mother."Here RobinWind!" She mumbled, the mouse in her mouth. RobinWind purred, the sun shining on her robin-coloured back. TansyKit's green eyes were sparkling. Suddenly, RainKit leaped on her, pinning her. TansyKit gulped and pushed her off, then sprang onto a rock-ledge in the nursery."Come out!" RobinWind meowed. TansyKit's thrush-coloured and white, red pelt emerged from the nursery."RainKit, apologize,"FlowerBlossom ordered. RainKit's light gray and dark gray pelt waved in the wind. She had long fur. Not too long."Sorry,"She apologized. SnowKit was behind the she-kits wrestling with ThistleKit."Toms,"RainKit hissed in TansyKit's ear."Mousebrains." The sun slowly dissapeared off the horizon. TansyKit was sleepy, her head laid on her RobinWind's fur as they padded into the nursery. Warmth tickled her fur. She soon fell asleep. TansyKit found herself in a blue-spirit ground. The soft, purple-blue grass felt good in between TansyKit's claws. She felt tired from the real word and longed to sleep. The young kit wrapped her tail around her and napped underneath a boulder. But, she couldn't sleep. StarClan let me sleep! TansyKit wailed silently. She lifted to her paws and sniffed. The air smelled of prey and cats not from the clans. She could scent cats from the clans but, they had a new smell. There was a slope that trapped her on the side she was on of the odd land. It would be easy to climb, TansyKit knew, but, what was over it when she made it up? She decided to climb up and find out. A light white-blue tree was partly in the slope. TansyKit bounded up the steep, slope. Her footing was on part of the tree, and in a little hole on a soft part of it. She dug her claws higher up. She gasped as the branch her back right leg stepped on snapped. She scrambed up, trying to find a place to put her paw. She dug higher up and found herself on the top. She was still a mouse-length away from the very top,-where she wanted to be. TansyKit panted as she clawed up the slope and made it. There was a brown dirt path that led up the cliffside and more light trees glittered on the side of the path. TansyKit rested a moment then looked down the terrifying slope. It was downward and there were no places to keep balance. Her heart began to race."RobinWind!?" She yowled,"Mother!!!" TansyKit heard pawsteps. She turned and saw a cat with a white outline. Her eyes glittered. A StarClan cat! TansyKit looked closely to see if she knew the cat from nursery tales."FawnFoot?" She gasped,"The old ThunderClan deputy?!" FawnFoot hissed,"You aren't suppose to be here, young kit! We cannot change your fate. It's been chosen. Leave!"

TansyKit woke. What was her fate? She shivered. FawnFoot didn't seem to be very nice. Then,a voice rang in her ear; Now, the Crow's fate at Dawn comes, and the Robin's wind will break, while the Tansy will break the Shade.