Chapter 29

A moon had passed since RobinStar had told TansyKit CrowDawn knew about the prophecy. Now, TansyKit bounced up and down, as she was six moons."Let all cats old enough to catch their on prey, gather below High-Tree!" RobinStar called, the sun shined on her, making her fur glitter. TansyKit bounded underneath High-Tree, eyes sparkling. Her tail swayed with excitement. It was finally her day to shine! Eager to be an apprentice, she listened."I've called you together for one of the most important moments in the life of a clan, TansyKit has reached her sixth moon, and it's time for her to become an apprentice. TansyKit, from this day until you receive your warrior name, you will be called, TansyPaw. Starclan, I ask you guide this new apprentice. Set her paws on the path she must follow to become a warrior. RobinStar beckoned IceSplash."IceSplash, you will be mentor to TansyPaw. You are a caring, loyal warrior. I know you will pass these on qualities to TansyPaw." RobinStar finished, her eyes filled with love and pride as she gazed down at her kit. TansyKit smiled, beginning to blush as her mother mewed that she was an excellent member to ThunderClan." RobinStar asked, sitting with her tail wrapped around her body. TansyKit panicked when she couldn't find her paws. IceSplash touched noses with her. Relieved, she began to listen once more. RobinStar dipped her head."Well done, my..."Her mother paused. TansyPaw shifted around impatiently.-"Kit."RobinStar finished. RobinStar dismissed the clan with a flick of her tail, and CrowDawn started making patrols."IceSplash,"CrowDawn mewed as TansyPaw's mentor's white pelt appeared in front of the deputy. TansyPaw watched."Yes?"IceSplash anwered. CrowDawn sat,"You'll lead a border patrol with TansyPaw, RippleTail and MumbleTail. Check ShadowClan's border,"She ordered. TansyPaw waited until her mentor signaled her over. Excitedly, TansyPaw bolted over. She gasped in dismay when she shot her gaze at the elders den entrance, and saw MouseWhiskers dead front legs drag out. Her hindlegs did all the work. MouseWhiskers pelt was ungroomed and her pelt was ruffled with pain and sadness. The elder she-cat stopped and laid leglessly on the ground. She let out a soft wail. TansyPaw forced herself to look towards IceSplash's green gaze. IceSplash looked sympathetic. TansyPaw's mentor turned around,"Get RippleTail would you?" She asked. TansyPaw nodded, and darted to the nursery. She knew RippleTail hung out in there now that DawnHeart was expecting, and was round, and looked as if she would explode."RippleTail, c'mon!" TansyPaw called, her tail lashed impatiently. She wanted to explore! MumbleTail limped to IceSplash. Finally, RippleTail emerged and went to IceSplash. TansyPaw followed."Let's go,"IceSplash mewed, her long fur blowing in the cold air. It was the end of leaffall."When is it not cold?" RippleTail spat as a cold breeze whooshed past the cats."DawnHeart will freeze!" IceSplash growled,"Stop fretting over her! I'm sure she'll be fine." As the patrol walked on, IceSplash introduced TansyPaw to the ancient oak, the gathering place and the clearing. Past all of that was ThunderClan's border with ShadowClan."TansyPaw, this is our border,"MumbleTail mewed softly. MumbleTail was TansyPaw's kin."Cool!" TansyPaw squeaked. She glanced nervously deeper into the dark pine forest. Suddenly, the patrol heard meows on the other side of the boundary."What are you doing here?!" A russet-coloured tom demanded. He had dark, compelling amber eyes."Marking our border with your clan,"IceSplash responded calmly. RippleTail's fur bristled. TansyPaw gulped and stood her ground."I'm guessung you're doing the same thing, RussetPelt,"IceSplash mewed. TansyPaw glared at RussetPelt. Suddenly, the ground shaked. TansyPaw shrieked as the cats fell of the ground, bashing uncomfortably on the shaky land."IceSplash!" TansyPaw screeched in terror, unable to get back on her paws. When it stopped, a boom went off. Like an explosion."IceSplash!" She screamed harder, seeing IceSplash being hovered by the ThunderClan patrol,"Get up!" MumbleTail urged."Our camp! A boom went off!" RippleTail nudged TansyPaw,"Let's get back to camp,"He murmured. The two clanmates bounded to camp. TansyPaw's heart pounded. RobinStar! Was she ok?! Were any of them ok?! TansyPaw darted into the sweet smell of honey through her camp's entrance, side by side with RippleTail."DawnHeart?! He yowled, breaking off into a bout of coughing from the dust that withered in the air. Frustration poked TansyPaw. Was DawnHeart the only thing RippleTail ever thought of?! Trying to annoy her clanmate, she called,"RobinStar are you ok?!" RippleTail did seem annoyed. TansyPaw gave a smirk before bounding off to help her clan. She coughed and she gasped for air as smoke and dust filled the young apprentice's lungs."RobinStar?! She rasped, more desperate as she entered her mother's den."TansyP-Paw?" Her mother's voice weakly mewed. Dashing through the smoke, TansyPaw found her mother sitting up, shoulders sagging and she leaned over something mournfully. TansyPaw leaned forward and saw it.