Chapter 10

CrowPaw snarled and leaped at a blue-gray tom-cat. He hissed in surprise when she knocked him off his paws. The tom yowled in pain when she slashed his stomache. She leaped away from him and looked toward a she-cat.-black and green eyes.-"DoveStream!" A tom yowled toward the black she-cat known as DoveStream."Beat her!" DoveStream glared at the apprentice and scratched her shoulder. Pain pulsed through CrowPaw but she only hissed and pinned the RiverClan warrior. DoveStream grunted and kicked CrowPaw off. She panted then glared at her opponnent."Prey-Stealers!" She spat at DoveStream. AshenStar bolted to RiverClan's camp entrance."ThunderClan retreat!" She yowled. CrowPaw glared at DoveStream,"Hunt fish not squirrels, fox dung!" And raced away.

CrowPaw wounds were last to be treated."There," DribbleCloud mewed through concentration,"All fixed up." CrowPaw limped out of the den and into her nest. She dreamed of becoming a warrior."With the power of StarClan, you are now a warrior named CrowWing."-Though, she knew her name wouldn't be that.-"Wake up CrowPaw!" FlowerBlossom inturrupted her dream. CrowPaw padded out of the den,"What are we doing today?" She asked. FlowerBlossom smiled."Clanmate work," She flicked her tail," At the training hollow." The she-cat bounded off. CrowPaw sighed and followed. When she made it, she saw FlowerBlosssom, RobinPaw, SilverStrike, FawnFoot and IvyFern."Alright,"FlowerBlossom began,"That fern bush is our goal but-we are different clan cats. The cats on my team are IvyFern and RobinPaw. The others are on SilverStrike's team. One clanmate must make it and touch the fern bush to win. Go!" CrowPaw leaped at RobinPaw, pinning her. IvyFern was fast so she was racing to touch the bush. FlowerBlossom defended her teammate. She looked at her team. On her team, FawnFoot was fast and raced to the fern bush. SilverStrike defended her. When RobinPaw started to pant CrowPaw leaped at IvyFern. She pinned the she and bit her hindleg gently. IvyFern hissed at RobinPaw,"Go toward the bush!" FlowerBlossom kicked CrowPaw off of IvyFern. She hissed and leaped at her mentor. She waited till FlowerBlossom couldn't get up before running after RobinPaw. FlowerBlossom screeched and leaped onto CrowPaw's shoulders, pinning her."Fox dung!" CrowPaw cursed. She shot a glare at the fern bush. Yes! FawnFoot touched the fern bush!"I now declare this territory, FawnClan!" The small but swift she-cat quickly raced back to her side."That's enough training for today," FlowerBlossom glanced at CrowPaw and RobinPaw."You apprentices can stay out here and do-well, whatever,-" CrowPaw's mentor led the other warriors back to camp."We can hunt,"RobinPaw quickly suggested."First,"CrowPaw hissed,"Now tell me how you could scent that the prey wasn't across the RiverClan border!" RobinPaw flattened her ears."I've been meaning to tell you this..." CrowPaw gasped when RobinPaw finished telling her about her dreams of Blood Forest."It's Scourge,"She'd finish. CrowPaw lashed her tail,"How does that anwer my question?" RobinPaw sighed,"Scourge was at my side and he pretended that it was my nose smelling it. Through his powers of course," RobinPaw sighed again. CrowPaw flinched when RobinPaw's back cracked."I'm suddenly sleepy," CrowPaw muttered than bolted to camp. This was unfair! Why was Scourge visiting RobinPaw and not her? Fury pulsed through the black she-cat. Atleast in a quarter moon CrowPaw and RobinPaw were becoming warriors. She fell asleep.I just want to be like my friend..