Chapter 19

RobinWind yawned. She woke at dawn. The robin-coloured she-cat padded into the clearing. It was cool outside. Not hot like the day before."Patrol organizing!" She yowled. She saw cats tumble out of their nests. ThrushFeather padded over to her."How are you up in the morning?"He grumbled. RobinWind purred,"I don't know." RobinWind's mate padded into the crowd unwillingly."Since there are no apprentices, warriors that aren't on patrols will have apprentice jobs," RobinWind mewed."SilverStrike will lead a border patrol to mark our border with WindClan. He'll take DawnHeart and ThrushFeather." She glanced at IvyFern."IvyFern will lead a hunting patrol with CrowDawn and RippleTail. When RippleTail and IvyFern return they'll get fresh moss for the elders, then SilverStrike and DawnHeart will do the nursery. CrowDawn and ThrushFeather will check the elders for ticks and bring them food. I'll do the warriors den myself." RobinWind flicked her tail for the cats to go. She padded out of camp and headed toward moss-place. She glanced at the RiverClan border. I'll mark it for them instead, She decided silently. She dashed over to the border and quickly marked it. After that, she headed down to moss-place again. Moss covered the ground near an oak. Confused, she took the moss off and so dried blood. Was a cat murdered here? The blood was ThunderClan, but, she didn't know every cats specific scent. She sighed. Probably a wound that opened during the battle with BloodClan. She passed it and saw the suns reflection on the marsh. It twinkled. She purred at the beautiful sight of newleaf. She noticed mallow. RobinWind gathered it along with nine moss blankets. That would be enough. Padding back to camp, the prophecy rang in her ears. A Crow's cry at Dawn, will break the Robin's Wind. She shook it out of her mind. RobinWind needed to let it take its toll, and then find out what to do. She found herself in camp a heartbeat later. The patrols were back doing their next asigned jobs. BurrStar came out of the medicine den."I'm back!" He purred to IceSplash, his mate."StormCloud?"RobinWind sounded through the entrance to the medicine den."Yes?" StormCloud's voice replied as he padded out his den,"What is it?" RobinWind passed him the mallow, putting her moss down. She suddenly felt cramps and hurt everywhere."Oof! It's time! I need to go in the nursery!" She cried. StormCloud nodded."Eat these." He passed RobinWind juniper berries and a poppy seed. She grabbed them and turned away."RippleTail! She yowled. The tom raced over to her."Yes?" She glanced at him."Change the moss in the warriors den. Here's some moss." RippleTail sighed and went off to do his duty. RobinWind slipped through the green, fresh undergrowth covering a bit of the nursery's entrance."Hello,"RobinWind greeted FlowerBlossom."Hi!!" BreezeKit replied instead."FlowerBlossom's asleep." BreezeKit's blue eyes shimmered as she gazed at RobinWind."Oh- well then,"RobinWind trailed away as another pain surged through her."Well, I need to sleep to so be good." Before she ate her poppy seeds and juniper berries she padded out the den."ThrushFeather will lead a hunting patrol with CrowDawn and DawnHeart!" She announced."SilverStrike will go on a border patrol to mark our border with ShadowClan with RippleTail and IvyFern. Then, everyone can rest." The cats hurried to their duties. RobinWind fell back into the nursery. Her kits would come any day. She was plump and round. She felt another spasm of pain. She ate her juniper berries and poppy seeds and soon slept.

When RobinWind woke up her belly rumbled with pain.''They're coming!" She yowled. StormCloud and ThrushFeather raced into the den. "Chew the stick,"StormCloud mewed gently. RobinWind felt blood rush through her body. She bit it and the pain wore off onto the stick. She could bite when another spasm hit. FlowerBlossom shooed the kits behind her. RobinWind pushed and two kits slipped out of her."A tom and a she-cat." ThrushFeather announced proudly. The she-cat was thrush-coloured with white stripes, belly, ear tufts and orange-orange spots mixed, one red paw, and a red tipped-tail."TansyKit,''RobinWind mewed quietly. The tom was bright red with silver stripes and spots."No,"Stormcloud whispered,"The tom's dead." Sadness pulsed through RobinWind. She felt the urge to wail out loud."No!" She cried."No!" ThrushFeather wrapped around her."We still have TansyKit,"He tried to sound positive. CrowDawn pushed through the entrance, love in her eyes."She's beautiful!" CrowDawn purred. RobinWind licked her friends cheek."Thank you." BreezeKit squeaked."Help! SnowKit's attacking!" RobinWind smiled weakly. After her visitors left she groomed TansyKit and let her suckle. She let out a helpless mewl which made RobinWind purr. FlowerBlossom struggled to keep the other kits under control."RainKit, sleep!" She scolded as the young she-kit pounced on FlowerBlossom's tail."Sorry,"RainKit apologized, her green gaze suddenly sleepy. SnowKit flinched in his sleep, he's white fur a purple colour in the light. Suddenly, TansyKit wailed. RobinWind shushed her kit and wrapped her tail around her. TansyKit fell asleep a moment after. Happiness rushed through RobinWind. She was a mother.