Chapter 26

TansyKit sighed frustratingly. Her mother was leader now. Who would stay in the nursery with her? She couldn't wait another moon before becoming an apprentice."I'm going to be an apprentice!" RainKit boasted to TansyKit, her friend bouncing up and down and her blue gaze glittering."I know!" TansyKit hissed, padding out the nursery. She groaned when RobinWind entered the camp."Hello, RobinStar!" TansyKit spat as her mother padded up to her. RobinStar gazed lovingly at her,"What did I do?" She purred, thinking it was a joke."Alright kits,"FlowerBlossom's gentle mew sounded behind Tansykit,"It's time for the ceremony." TansyKit rolled her eyes,"Great." TansyKit stomped to the nursery. FlowerBlossom's green gaze glanced questionly at her."I'm not six moons old, remember!?" TansyKit spat, burning in fury. She let everything flow out. It wasn't fair! She was only a moon away, why couldn't she become an apprentice? Angrily, TansyKit watched at the nursery entrance. She shut her mothers clan meeting calling out. RobinStar was the last thing she wanted. Why did her mother have to be leader? It wasn't fair! Now TansyKit would be drooled over because her mother is the leader!"RainKit, ThistleKit and SnowKit have reached their six moon,"RobinStar inturrupted TansyKit's thoughts."So now.."TansyKit hissed over RobinStar. When she turned back RainKit, SnowKit and ThistleKit were now "Paws."RainPaw's mentor is RippleTail. RippleTail, you have proven yourself a loyal, and amazing warrior and with that, I hope you pass all of your skills to RainPaw. SnowPaw's mentor is now me. ThistlePaw your mentor is now CrowDawn. CrowDawn you have proven yourself as a worthy warrior and deputy, therefore, I hope you pass on all your skills to this young apprentice,"RobinStar gazed sympathetically down at TansyKit. TansyKit returned the gaze with a sharp, furious glare. Only did TansyKit know why she was mad, because her mother, wasn't normal.

TansyKit closed her eyes and whimpered. It was now sundown and RobinStar quietly, and gently told her she'd be sleeping alone. TansyKit was bitter at that moment, but really, she was sad and upset she was alone, and the only kit in ThunderClan. It'd mean she'd be fussed over by all of her clan! What fun was that? She'd also be kept safe, and watched every moment. TansyKit felt a gentle, soft warm breeze ruffle her pelt. TansyKit faced out of the nursery where it came from. Her fur blew back and gently waved in the wind. Although it was only a breeze, haunted memories came back when the thought of winds stormed over TansyKit. She suddenly remembered BreezePa-no, Breeze. The small, multi coloured she-kit shivered. The breeze dissapeared which made TansyKit relax a bit. She knew she couldn't sleep. She quietly, and slowly, padded out into the empty clearing. Her fur bristled when a twig cracked outside of camp. Then, she heard gentle mews from the night patrol. TansyKit let her fur lie flat again and started toward the entrance to camp. The moon was just settling in the sky so it wasn't as dark as it could have been. Stars glittered in the sky, making light to reveal a purple, blue midnight blanket stretched across the sky. TansyKit stared in awe at the beautiful sight for several heartbeats. That's when, the night patrol came into camp. TansyKit gasped quietly. She knew she was deep, hidden in the shadows but her clanmates had noses. They could easily smell their own clanmates. DawnHeart was leading the patrol. Her cream-coloured pelt was a light brown in the dark."That was succesful,"The she-cat commented casually. TansyKit gazed at the at the patrol, ears pricked and fur prickling with curiousity."Definitely,"IvyFern agreed,"The most succesful patrol in moons!" RippleTail nudged the older warrior,"What, did ShadowClan invade every single gaurd-night patrol?" The brown tabby-tom teased. IvyFern pushed him away, her white and silver pelt ruffled."No!" She growled, annoyed,"Usually we just find a scent like, badger, fox or a clan on our territory! Never have I needed to attack on a gaurd-night patrol!" TansyKit bit back a mrrow of laughter. Certainly RippleTail had been like a thorn in IvyFern's pelt! As the night patrol escorted themselves to the warriors den, TansyKit slipped out of the camp. The trees made darkness shed over TansyKit. A terrifying chill creeped up TansyKit's spine."StarClan stop playing these awful tricks on me!" She pleaded."Don't make me beg more than I have too!"

The only reply was the howling of the wind.

TansyKit whimpered then plunged into the trees. Shadows chased her farther into her territory. She asked herself, TansyKit, why did you leave camp? Why are you doing this? But TansyKit didn't reply to herself. She was determined to go deeper into the heart of ThunderClan territory, and prove to her mother that she could be an apprentice early. She talked again to herself, Oh!-You're trying to prove RobinStar that you can be an apprentice early! Well I can't argue with that. But...- TansyKit knew that was her concious telling her to do the "right" thing but she was determined to prove this was the "right" thing. TansyKit's red and thrush-coloured coat had light flickering on it. Curious to find out what the light was shining on her pelt, TansyKit stalked into the shadows where the light seemed to come. Oak trees towered over the young kit. She ingnored the voice inside telling her to return to the nursery and started a little trot toward the flickering light. Of course it wasn't daylight as the moon finally reached the top of its peak, but something tried to pursuade TansyKit to just give up and call it daylight setting in, but how could it be daylight? The moon had only been up for a little bit, why would it set now? TansyKit then broke into a panicking dash. A noise yelped in back of her."RobinStar!" She wailed,"Mother, help!!" Eyes wide with horror, TansyKit plunged into a dark hole. A fox den. She sniffed. There was a strange smell, a smell that had never come to TansyKit. The scent of a fox. Her fur bristled. Yowls and screeches of agony and pain sounded in her ears. Terrified, she made her way out of the fox den. Blood roared in TansyKit's ears. That fox wasn't there just because of chance, or its hunger for power and murder, it was there, by a Prophecy. That prophecy StarClan gave to TansyKit, CrowDawn and RobinStar."StarClan whatever the prophecy means, don't take it out on ThunderClan. Take it out on CrowDawn, RobinStar and I,"She begged. StarClan, of course, stayed silent. Why should they speak? TansyKit wasn't worthy enough to beg them to change a fate, that couldn't be fixed.