Chapter 13

"RobinPaw and CrowPaw, step up." AshenStar meowed. It was the day after the gathering. RobinPaw and CrowPaw were becoming warriors! RobinPaw excitedly padded up."I, AshenStar, leader of ThunderClan call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentices. They have worked hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior. CrowPaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and protect this clan, even at the cost of your life?" AshenStar's green gaze turned toward CrowPaw."I do,"CrowPaw murmured, expression blank. AshenStar continued,"Then with the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. CrowPaw, from this moment on you shall be known as, CrowDawn. StarClan honors you, and your intelligence, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ThunderClan." AshenStar hopped off of the melted tree and lay her muzzle on CrowDawn's head. CrowDawn blankly licked the leader's shoulder in return.

"CrowDawn! CrowDawn!" The clan chanted.

AshenStar looked at RobinPaw."RobinPaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and protect this clan, even at the cost of your life?" RobinPaw tried to speak, but nothing would come out. Instead, she nodded. The leader dipped her head."Then with the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. RobinPaw, from this moment on you shall be known as, RobinWind." AshenStar did the same ritual with RobinWind as CrowDawn.

"RobinWind! RobinWind!" The clan chanted her name this time.

RobinWind blushed. CrowDawn didn't look proud, she looked guilty. RobinWind flattened her ears."Clan dissmissed." CrowDawn's eyes were round with hurt and guiltiness. RobinWind knew better than to interfere with her friend's problems. DribbleCloud was glancing at CrowDawn. Sadness and little warmth in his eyes. RobinWind forced herself to stop. She padded over to BurrPelt."Want me to fetch some moss for two new nests in the warriors den?"She offered. BurrPelt nodded."Sure. I made a patrol with CrowDawn to expand the warriors den so when they're done, we can place the moss down." RobinWind dashed out of camp. The young warrior kept a fast pace as she crept down to the moss-place. It was next to the marsh but a farther way down it too. There was a lot to think about on her way down. What did the prophecy mean? Why was CrowDawn and DribbleCloud hurt, sad and guilty? She kept listening to the questions over and over again in her head. Finally, she was found padding down the shore toward moss-place. She decided to race towards it. She found two blankets of moss near the actual place. She grabbed them and bounded back to camp.

Exhaustion waved over RobinWind when she put down hers and CrowDawn's nest. She'd thought the tension, secrets and trust, were gone now. That they were like kits again. She laid her head neatly on her paws. She was having a nap, knowing she had to keep vigil that night. A cool breeze hushed her to sleep. She blinked and the relaxation turned to tension and defensiveness. She was back in the blood forest! She let out a hiss."Guess what Scourge?! I'm a warrior now! I can attack-and will-so back off!" She glared at surroundings. Three boulders were hunched together. They were solid black and only light speckled the rock, revealing stained blood, barely any boulder colour. A fox-length away from them was a tall oak tree. It had blood stained on its dark shade of colour. Its oak leaves were raw. Just twigs with nothing on them. RobinWind lashed her tail. Her heart pounded as Scourge emerged from the shadows far from her view. He's walk was slow and sturdy."Well done on that wasteless way to live,"He praised teasingly."StarClan is nothing but a belief! It's a figment of clan cats' imagination." He unsheathed his claws eagerly."Don't you think it's time for you to meet my clan?" RobinWind gulped. She forced her fear down."I rather not,"She spat indignantly. Scourge let out a hefty chuckle."You're challenging Scourge. The cat that killed TigerStar. Who appearantly,"-He let his blue eyes burn into her amber gaze,-"Had nine lives." RobinWind snarled."StarClan is real you fox-hearted mouse-brain! Yes, TigerStar had nine lives!" She quickly added in a growl."Well, as much as you hate it here, my clan has come to meet you." Scourge mewed as gentle-teasingly as he could. RobinWind's ears flattened as she glared into the shadows. More than twenty cats emerged. She slowly backed up. Scourge leaped at her, pinning her on the dead ground. Dead plants crackled under RobinWind's head. The black small tom retreated back to his group, standing by black and white tom. His outline was faded red. He was dissapearing. RobinWind looked away and remembered how she escaped the dream last time but before she could retreat back to that idea, Scourge gave her a deal."This is my deputy, Bone."He flicked his tail to the black and white tom. Bone dipped his head. RobinWind's ears pricked."Now-the deal." Scourge meowed."I'll tell you CrowDawn's secrets if.."He paused, a mischeivous glint in his eyes."If you, will tell "StarClan", The prophecy sent to your friend, is true."