Chapter 31

"Push it!" CrowDawn yowled. She was helping IvyFern, ThistlePaw, IceSplash and TansyPaw push a broken log off the nursery. It was the last den and part of ThunderClan's camp they had to clean, not repair. TansyPaw's tail lashed, ears flattened and mouth half-open in concentration."It's not working!" ThistlePaw spat angrily, voice low in the wind. The wind buffeted CrowDawn's pelt. Her eyes were half shut as the cold and strong winds hit her face. Suddenly, TansyPaw rammed into the log, sending it rolling off the nursery, and towards the patrol."Run!" CrowDawn screeched, scrambling away. IvyFern sprang to TansyPaw, who was frozen in terror stuck a whisker-length away from the rolling log. CrowDawn's eyes stretched wide, rain poured down on the cats. CrowDawn's claws unsheathed, tail lashing the ground. Was TansyPaw ok?! Suddenly, lightning struck in front of the deputy, sending her scampering backwards, yowling and screeching. A moment later, a fire started where the lightning hit. CrowDawn's cries weren't loud enough for her clanmates to hear in the storm. CrowDawn's black fur bristled with fear. Her eyes were wide with horror as the fire spread closer. ThistlePaw spat at the fire, sending the flames down. IceSplash spat and then, the fire died out."IvyFern!" IceSplash yowled in terror, her white fluffy fur bristled. The senior warrior darted into the smoke, yowls from TansyPaw told CrowDawn her best friend's kit lived. Suddenly, a plop sounded into CrowDawn's ears. She dashed into the smoke, her apprentice, ThistlePaw, by her side and matching her pace energetically. CrowDawn emerged from the smoke, to see IvyFern stuck underneath the log, blood on her chest, sides and log. Her eyes were glazed with horror and TansyPaw looked as if she was the one dying."No!" TansyPaw cried, tail lashing with sorrow and anger,"It's all my fault, you're going to die!" CrowDawn felt a pang of sympathy for the young apprentice. IvyFern was TansyPaw's best friend! CrowDawn was now determined to save her clanmate."Come on,"She urged her patrol,"Lift the log." IceSplash grunted as she lifted the log up along with ThistlePaw, CrowDawn and TansyPaw. Finally, the log gave up and lifted, though, heavy for the ThunderClan cats. TansyPaw yowled in happines as she pulled IvyFern out, who gazed at her friend with bright, loving eyes, but, she was in noticeable pain. Blood was all over IvyFern's white and gray splotched sides, looking closely, revealing a huge slash in her side."TansyPaw, support her front-side. IvySplash her back-side, ThistlePaw on her right side me, on the left side,"CrowDawn ordered. IceSplash scampered to her place, TansyPaw willingly did, not seeming tired like the others. Atleast they'd finished the camps cleaning. CrowDawn and her clanmates limped tiredly back to camp, supporting IvyFern. She was still alive. She blinked and her chest heaved slowly, breath shallow. They soon saw the lake, fur brushing through the undergrowth hiding the lake from view. IvyFern gasped sharply in pain as her sides brushed through. CrowDawn realized how painful it would be to have leaves in your wounds."What happened?" StormCloud demanded as the patrol lay IvyFern in a nest. CrowDawn briskly explained, her voice curt. StormCloud sighed, nodding for the patrol to go."All of you, rest,"CrowDawn mewed,"Then eat." TansyPaw now seemed exhausted,"Okay." CrowDawn padded to RobinStar, who scanned the clearing. CrowDawn paused and looked around. RippleTail and DawnHeart were naming their kits, and CrowDawn happened to over hear it. The tom that was light brown and light black tabby tom with blue eyes like DawnHeart, got named, BumbleKit. The she-cat with creamy, beige fur, amber eyes like her father and light, creamy-brown stripes, got named, DoeKit. MouseWhiskers shared a juicy rabbit with RoseFlower while FrogTail slept. SilverStrike groomed his fur next to his mate, FlowerBlossom."RobinStar,"-CrowDawn snapped back,-"We can go back. EveryThing's cleared." RobinStar shook her head,"No. We'll wait till this storm is done,"She meowed, red, robin-coloured fur drenched in rain. CrowDawn dipped her head,"Okay." CrowDawn exhaustedly fell asleep in her nest, anmd found herself in the same place she did when she was kit, meeting MoonPelt! Excitedly, she bounded into the cherry tree forest, immediately recalling seeing the beautiful mint-blue sky. She sprang onto a silver boulder, it was round and was soft underneath her paws, hot too. Her fur flattened and she rested her head on her paws. CrowDawn's ears pricked for MoonPelt, and her white and black-spotted faded pelt. Instead, a black figure, same pelt and eyes, emerged. It was a muscular tom, staring at CrowDawn with pride and sympathy. She realized in a heartbeat who that was. Her father.