Chapter 22

RobinWind had woke up to see TansyKit barely breathing. Her kit quickly explained thay she'd been sent a prophecy. It was the same meaning, whatever the meaning was, but Tansy and Shade had been added."Hush,"RobinWind whispered calmly to TansyKit."Everything will be explained after you nap for a bit." TansyKit blinked and slowly fell asleep. RobinWind's heart raced. Did StarClan have to wait till TansyKit was born before they could reveal the whole prophecy? CrowDawn's fur ruffled the camp as she entered through the undergrowth. Her face was bewildered, terrified and guilty. Anger pulsed through RobinWind. Did she have another secret? CrowDawn's paw was twisted and bloody. BreezePaw's muzzle had drops of blood and as she smiled her teeth revealed and had blood on them. Suspicion clawed RobinWind like a thorn. There was something going on between the two cats, and she didn't know what. Part of her thought StarClan had prophecied this and the prophecy sent to TansyKit told them a lot more that is seemed, and RobinWind and her kit didn't know it. RobinWind felt her fur bristle. Forcing her fur to stop, she padded out of the nursery and huddled under High-Tree."Patrol organizing!" She called. Cats brushed pass eachother and sat a fox-length away from RobinWind. She waited until all hr clanmates settled. She heard fur brush against undergrowth on top of her. BurrStar's head poked from High-Tree."I'm leading a border patrol to mark the border with RiverClan," He meowed to RobinWind."Who's with me?" RobinWind's white neck fur waved in the wind of the warm air of greenleaf."Take CrowDawn and BreezePaw,"She replied, loud enough for CrowDawn, who sat in the back of the crowd, to hear. CrowDawn's eyes were now filled with horror. RobinWind looked away."ThrushFeather will bring IvyFern and RippleTail on a hunting patrol,"She glanced at the other cats left."DawnHeart will get new moss forthe elders, and BreezePaw when she gets back, will check the elders for ticks then eat and rest," RobinWind gave BreezePaw a hard glare. BreezePaw's green gaze looked startled, but RobinWind noticed something; when BreezePaw rested, she went to Blood Forest. RobinWind was going to make sure the apprentice got special attention. Like patrols with burrStar. RobinWind's amber eyes gleamed with impatients and anger. How could BreezePaw betray herclan like that?! Atleast RobinWind didn't let the cats in Blood Forest train her to be a fighter. A cat like them, a murderer! She glanced at TansyKit. Who seemed to know everything RobinWind did. Tansykit sat outside the nursery, eyes filled with terror."ThrushFeather will clean the nursery moss when he gets back, and CrowDawn will do the warriors,"RobinWind decided. ThrushFeather's fur blew back. The winds were now cold and strong. The wind echoed and whistled, as if it was talking directly to RobinWind. Her ears pricked. It cried louder and louder until it sounded as words to RobinWind. Her fur bristled, her amber eyes slits. Her robin-coloured and white fur blew hard in the strange wind. Her clan looked unharmed or blown by it as they left the hollow, as normal. RobinWind sprang towards the nursery but it blew her off her feet. Now, the wind whistled louder. TansyKit was the only other one that looked blown off her paws and harmed. RobinWind's fur splattered like blood on the ground. Pebbles bounced in her eyes. She let out a screech but no cat came to her aid. Only TansyKit noticed and screeched with her as it blew her on the wall of the nursery. RobinWind yowled as she blasted onto the nursery wall, and it crumbled to the ground. The whisperes now screamed in the wind. The sky was gray tainted red blood. The whispers finally came together for RobinWind and TansyKit. RobinWind's heart pounded as she listened. Now, the Crow's fate at Dawn comes, and the Robin's Wind will break, while the Tansy will break the Shade. It repeated over in the wind until it came to loud screams. The wind let out cackles, and TansyKit let out a wail as cats hid in the shadows, amber eyes glowing. One lunged at RobinWind and reached for her throat. RobinWind gasped and tried to kick the mysterious cat off but he did what he wanted, got her throat. The cat grunted and RobinWind realized it was a tom, but before she could do anything, the black cat ripped her throat out and left. RobinWind felt pain slash her. She couldn't breathe or see if TansyKit was alright. Then, she closed her eyes opened them. She could breathe and the winds and pain dissapeared. The nursery wall was fine and as she shot a worried glance at the entrance, TansyKit sat there in the same bewilderment. RobinWind's and TansyKit's fur was ruffled and it had to look as if they'd never groomed for a moon."Groom yourselves you dirty, ruffled rogues!" MouseWhiskers growled at Tansykit and RobinWind, her dark and light gray fur shining on the rock she lay on. Just then, a splitting howl and boom went off in the forest. Cats screeched and made toward their dens. RobinWind yowled and bolted to TansyKit."Those noises are twolegs hunting with their dogs! Stay in our dens is good but the dogs may scent us, and if the twolegs are desperate, they'll kill us!"FrogTail yowled, his voice was loud but barely more than a rasp."Then we'll leave camp!" BurrStar decided. He sprang off of High-Tree. RobinWind wrapped her tail around TansyKit, who wailed along with RainKit, but the toms, were looking brave and let out a small, squeaky snarl once the boom went off."What do we call the "Boom?" FlowerBlossom asked RobinWind, her tail reeling in her two tom kits."FrogTail calls it a "Killer Boom,"RobinWind meowed,"Now that's what its called." RainKit let out a pitiful cry,"Are we leaving camp!?" Her mother calmed the kit with gentle licks. RobinWind looked away and peered at BurrStar. Her heart pounded as the boom shot nearer to camp, and the dogs yelping and whimpering came closer and closer."IvyFern, RippleTail and DawnHeart form a line!" BurrStar yowled. The three cats determinedly made a line side by side."Now, BreezePaw stand behind RippleTail,"-RippleTail was in the middle of the first line,-BurrStar then continued,"Then FlowerBlossom and her kits and RobinWind and TansyKit. After them, the elders and then the rest of the warriors!" He had to yowl because of the boom, which shook the whole forest. RobinWind's amber gaze glanced at TansyKit. Her kit looked traumatized and she couldn't move. RobinWind groaned and picked TansyKit up. She darted to her spot in line. RobinWind held onto TansyKit's scruff gently. She couldn't help but gaze worriedlyat ThrushFeather, who's ears were flattened and eyes scared and brave. RobinWind knew that if it came to it, ThrushFeather would protect his clan. The cats bolted out of camp and headed for ancient oak. It was a wide open space and cats would be able to hide and run from the hunters. SnowKit and ThistleKit bounced around their mothers legs, hissing and snarling."We'll save the clan if we're attacked!" Chirped ThistleKit, his blue gaze sparkling."This is no funny matter!" RobinWind suddenly snapped. ThistleKit and SnowKit were silent but didn't stop their bravery. Guilt surged through RobinWind. They're only kits and she thought she pushed them over the line! They didn't need to stop kithood. Alarm woke RobinWind up. The dogs howls, whimpers and yelps finally paid off. They had found the clan."Hide the elders!" BurrStar screeched,"Then Run!"