Chapter 15

four moons had passed since AshenStar and DribbleCloud had died. AshenStar died of old age, and DribbleCloud killed himself with death berries. StormKit and EbonyKit had became apprentices the day before. StormPaw was the medicine apprentice being trained by IceSplash, as she knew everything about herbs because she was originally training to be a medicine cat, but turned her heart into a warriors heart. RobinWind trained EbonyPaw. ThrushFeather and her had been hanging out too. RobinWind shutted CrowDawn out ever since she'd admitted her love for a medicine cat. Medicine cats aren't allowed to have kits or a mate! It's against the warrior code, and the medicine cat code!"Are we going to train today? Yesterday you showed me the territory!" EbonyPaw whispered in a hiss."Shh! We're mourning AshenStar and DribbleCloud!" RobinWind scolded, but, she couldn't forget how CrowDawn pleaded BurrPelt to let them mourn for four more moons to come. She sat in the clearing with her clanmates dead bodies. Snow drifted from the sky as her clan mourned. She shivered. Scourge did the right thing. Her opinion of him was fair. BurrPelt had got his nine lives the night before. BurrStar now."Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather below burnt tree!" RobinWind nudged her apprentice up. The two cats padded to the clan meeting."I've decided deputy,"He meowed."FawnFoot. You have proven your loyalty to your clan. I now announce you deputy." BurrStar touched noses with the new deputy."Attack!"Yowled a cat. Scourge! Bone leaped at EbonyPaw while Scourge pinned RobinWind."Thought you could trust me?" He grinned. Turning her head from EbonyPaw, she kicked Scourge off. She shot her gaze back at EbonyPaw. He lay there unmoving. Blood from his neck gushed out."Another death?!" Yowled IceSplash,"And my kit?!"StormPaw dragged his brother into the medicine den where he wouldn't be trampled on, and go to StarClan in peace. RobinWind leaped at Bone. All her rage spilled out. She bit his throat and didn't let go until she had his throat in her mouth. Blood gushed out like a stream. BloodClan yowled and retreated. Scourge hissed and followed. Bone was dead. Aswell as EbonyPaw and FawnFoot. RoseFlower wailed at the sight of her dead kit. The elder limped over and yowled,"StarClan! Why! W-Why!"IceSplash emerged from the medicine den."BurrStar has lost eight lives!" RobinWind gasped in shock."He could lose his last one now!" StormPaw yowled. All warriors raced over to the leader."I've decided deputy,"BurrStar rasped."There are many experienced warriors to choose from but I chose the least experienced. RobinWind." He gave her a nod of approval."Since you're young, when you get a mate, you're allowed to have one litter." BurrStar was being treated and all warriors were rushed away. RobinWind was excited. She was deputy! She glanced at CrowDawn. No... She had three kits in her mouth that she was protecting. But she lay on the ground, half dead. RobinWind dashed over to her."I forgive you! Oh please!"She cried. CrowDawn smiled weakly."Two of the kits are dead.." One was black with a white belly and underbelly."Her name is BreezeKit. She's ThunderClan but, her parents aren't found." She lay her head on her leg. StormPaw darted over to RobinWind's wounded friend."Bring the dead kits to the other dead cats,"He ordered. RobinWind grabbed their little bodies in her jaws and carefully laid them down."ThrushFeather!"She called the tom over. He hurried over. RobinWind dug her nose in his fur."I love you,"She whispered. He licked her head."I do too."