Chapter 3

Chapter 3

-The Soulless Me

Diana Thomas's POV

My hands are starting to hurt from holding the files for so long. But my mind is still concentrating on the way he spoke my name. He just stared at me once he sees me. My eyes never leaving his thick coal-black orbs. He is so sensually handsome. The perfect minute comes to end once he moved his gaze away from me and to the file he was reading before I came.

"You can leave those files here." He says without even looking at me. That hurts me a bit. I know we just met this morning and I don't expect him to be all smiles and hugs, but he is just being rude. He can just at least look okay me as he says that. It's like I don't mean anything. Okay, tha it, Diana! You are just thinking too far! Remember why you came here? That's right, to apologize. Do that!

I try and slowly put the files on the table. I can't see below as there are too many files. He observes this and stands up from his chair. I groan feeling the pain in my hands and before I know it he took the files from me. I leave a breathe feeling light once the weight is lifted off my shoulders. He puts them on the table effortlessly. He goes back and sits in his chair without looking at me. I bite my lip before talking.

"Thank you, Mr. Vincento!" I smile a little. He is a gentleman. He nods his head, still without looking at me. Oh please, look at me once! I sigh. Why am I getting desperate for him to look at me? Why should I care? Just say the stupid sorry and get out Diana! "Um..." I trail off not knowing how to start. I see him looking at me from the corner of his eyes before looking up at me questioningly.

"Do you need something, Ms. Thomas?" His dark eyes boring into mine. I gulp and look at down not being able to hold his gaze. It's too intense, almost as if he is trying to read me. I look at my black formal shoes and bite my lip. I hear him leaving a breath. "Ms. Thomas?" I look up. Why do I behave so stupidly around him? Why do I get so shy? He had his pen in between his lips.

My mind is thinking of stupid, sensual and different things. What is happening? God!

"If you don't have anything to say you can leave Ms. Thomas." That is when I come out of my dream world.

"I am sorry, Mr. Vincento." I try to speak up confidently. "I don't mean to waste your time. I just want to say sorry for what I called you downstairs when Mr. Chris was there. I didn't mean to." There! I finally said it!

"What did you call me?" He asks and I look up at him. From her so okay his face, I know he knows, yet he is behaving like he doesn't. He wants me to say it. I look away.

"T-the Handsome Man." Once I say it, I look up at his face. It is devoid of any emotion. I frown internally.

"So you don't mean it?" He throws another question and my eyes open wide in alarm. Oh no! He took it the wrong way!

"No. What I mean it, I didn't mean to say it out loud in front of everyone." I explain myself and wait for his reaction. He stays silent for a second before speaking.

"So you mean it? What you said." He says and I just want the Pheonix from the Harry Potter to come and take me away. I am going to get in trouble either way. Why not say the truth? I gulp before speaking.

"Y-yes, sir." I can't believe I am stuttering now. I have to be strong! "The thing is, I really don't know that you are our new boss and I asked you to let me buy coffee for you and then later I called you that in front of everyone." I take pause before speaking again. "Sorry for all that." I find him analyzing me. He just sits there with his legs crossed as he just stares at me. I feel the butterflies in my stomach rising.