Chapter-20

Chapter-20

-At His House

Diana Thomas's POV

"I don't understand how you drink it." The sting of the hot coffee is fresh on my lips. I set the cup of black coffee down beside him as he types away on his computer. He takes the cup and leans back in his chair before taking a sip from the cup. He looks stressed out. There are circles under his eyes and his hair is dishelved. The tie around his neck is loosened. He has been working all day.

"Then why do you taste it every time?" He asks as he looks at me.

I shrug and sit on top of his work table, crossing my legs. It feels like we are back to us. But I know we are not. I lean forward and run a hand through his hair. He closes his eyes and relaxes at my touch. I just look at him and stare. He opens his eyes and they meet mine. My hands stop moving and I am in a trance like always.

The man I love. The man of my dreams. The man that owns my heart! My one and only!

I just stare and stare. All the thoughts leave my mind. There is only one emotion flowing through my body and my veins and I know that as I am looking into his eyes, that he is feeling the same.

Just... Love.

I want to take his hand and just walk away from everything. Just us both... Hand in hand... Against the world... He takes my hand and brings it to his lips. His tender lips feel soft against mine. He doesn't kiss, but just... rubs my fingers against his lips and then places a kiss against my ring finger. He looks back into my eyes with this overwhelming emotion and I feel like my heart is flooding with love for this man.

"You love me." He chuckles at my words and it looks like he is really amused by them.

"Yeah, I do." His admits holding my hand and runs this thumb over the back of my hand. That magic when we both are together comes and we just stare at each other. The fear of what might happen if he leaves after this week looming in the back of my head and eating me. The knock on the door causes me to look away and stand up from the table immediately. "Come in." He says as he sips his coffee.

"I wanted to discuss with you about the house you wanted to rent in LA and about your facilitation in the LA office." Micheal says coming in. He brings his laptop along with him and looks up at Martin once he bears the table. His gaze shifts to me who is standing beside his boss. "Diana." He gives me a nod acknowledging my presence. He looks back and forth between me and Martin.

They are going to discuss about Martin's accommodation and him moving to LA. I can't hear this. This is pure torture. This will only make it more real for me. He is not going to leave. That's it! I won't allow him to!

"You knew all along that his ex-girlfriend is me?" I ask him even though I know the answer to it.

He stutters and opens and closes his mouth like a fish. "I-I..." He looks at Martin for help.

"He knew, Cara." Martin says from beside me. I look at him angrily.

"Don't call me that ex-boyfriend!" I nearly yell and turn back to Micheal who is now looking at me with wide eyes, probably in shock that I just yelled at his boss and my boss. He immediately composes himself. I sigh and look back at Martin. "I am going home." I am angry.

"Cara Mia." I hear him call as I open the door. I turn back and find him standing near his chair, ready to follow me out.

"Don't!" He moves to come to me. "Seriously, don't. Go to LA. I don't care!" I say as the door closes and walk to my cabin. Angrily, I pack all my stuff and come out of the building. I think about how I reacted. Fuck! I should not be thinking about what happened. I should think about what I have to do to get him to stay. Urgh! Martin! How can I get you to stay?! He clearly stated that he made up his mind! Fuck!