Chapter-18

Chapter-18

-He is a part of me!

Martin Raul Vincento's POV

I feel this huge pain in my heart. Coming out of the hospital after speaking to Diana, I collapse on my knees outside. I can't take the pain anymore. The pain of reality and truth. The truth that I can't be with her. The second I had a thought that it's okay for us to be together, she ended up in hospital. If this is not the sign, what is?

My hand goes to my chest. This is too much! Tears flow from my eyes.

There is nothing more painful in the world that parting from the one true love, even when you know that the person wants you just as much as you want them.

Diana is that one person! My one true love! She will always be.

I will carry her memories in my heart. Breaking up with her is the hardest thing that I had to do. The look on her face when I left and the tears falling down her cheeks... God! What have I done?! But this the best for her.

"Oh my God!" A gasp leaves my mouth. Don't think I can live without her!

"Mr. Vincento!" Someone calls. I don't bother to look back. The pain in my chest is getting heavy every second. "Martin!" Leave me alone! "Are you okay?" William crouches down. "I heard what happened."

I am emotionally drained. I want to just sit and cry. I want to break something.

"We should go home." He tries to pick me up, but I push him off.

"Don't." My voice comes out warningly. He comes back.

"I understand it must be hard, but-"

"No. You don't! You can't understand!"

"Okay. Okay, I don't. But everyone gets hurt some point in life and this is the choice you made." He tries to talk. "I know you need alone time. So, please let me help you get home." I don't get up.

What's the point in living? What should I do after going home?

"Let me help you, please."

He picks me up and I don't realize what happened next. I don't know when I sat in the car and got home.

Diana! Oh my God! Diana!

"Cara Mia." A whisper leaves my mouth.

I close my eyes and immediately her image appears in my mind. The way the IV was attached to her, the weakness in her face and the thought of her in the hospital, all come back. Then one person comes to my mind.

My father.

He died from Cancer. That was the reason I came over from military and took over his business. His death did make me sad and I might have shed a tear or two. I lost both my parents and that never made me feel alone. I am used to the lonliness. It was a part of my life. I just wanted to run the business and there was no further plan. There was no fear of anything.

Then she came into my life. Everything changed from the moment we met at the coffee shop.

I started feeling. I started to have real feelings. I started to have fear. The horrific fear of losing someone I love, like I lost my mother and father.

I have to let her go.

"William."

"Yes, Mr. Vincento." He drives as he speaks.

"I am going to leave the city. I will shift to Los Angeles and will be operating from there now. Prepare a schedule for a week to wrap things here."