Chapter-14

Chapter-14

-Listen to your heart

Diana Thomas's POV

"Merry Christmas, Mom!" I hug her and she kisses the crown of my head.

"Merry Christmas!" She wishes back as we pull away.

"Okay. Where is my Christmas gift?" Michael comes down from his room. Going straight to the Christmas tree, he pulls out the two gifts with his name card and rips one open.

"I can't believe him. I give up." Mom says rising her hands up in surrender refereeing to my brother's behavior. I can't help but laugh. "Go, get yours," she tells me and I pick up one of my gifts.

"Wow, new phone!" Micheal shouted and I nearly threw the gift in my hand. He screamed and hugged mom. "Thank you, Mom. You just know what I want." She looks at him bored.

"More like you told me the whole week what you want." I laugh at what she said. "I can't believe he is older than you," she says.

"Me too." I agree. He goes to unwrap his other gift.

My heart suddenly feels heavy. I feel like I am missing something. What is this? My heart goes to my chest and I remember the words said by the man I heard in my head. I want to spend all of my Christmases with you. Whoever said that, I can hear the love and sincerity in their voice. Then I think of the ring, the ring on Mr. Martin's finger. It's the same one I saw in my memory or imagination. What is this?

I can't stop the feeling that Mr. Vincento is connected to my past. But if I am, he would have recognized me by now. I just don't understand what to believe and what not to. Apart from all that, my heart beats fast whenever I am near him. I feel peace when I am in his arms. I just want to see him smile. And those cookies I made for him for Christmas gift, I don't know what possessed me to do that. He must be thinking I am stupid, giving my boss the cookies with his name as a puzzle.

What is wrong with me?!

But I wonder if he ate those. He even ate the spaghetti mom made a week before. She told me to give it to him. Yes, I know how weird it sounds. My mom cooked for my Boss. When I told mom how he ate the homemade cookies I gave him when he was tired, she cooked him the spaghetti the next day. I told her that he would be pissed or feel weird if I give the food like that, but she told me to ask him just once. Maybe she felt pity when I told her that he doesn't have a family or anyone to look after him. During lunch time, I just put the spaghetti in a plate and put it on his table. I didn't tell him it's from my mom. It would have been too weird. But he thanked me for the spaghetti. How did he know that it was from me? It is still a mystery.

"Diana." I hear mom call and turn to her. Both mom and Micheal are looking at me. "Are you okay, Sweetie?" I place the gift down without unwrapping and go to her before sitting beside her.

"Mom, I want to ask you something."

She looks at me with concern. "What is it?" Okay, here it comes. I have to find answers and I have to ask her.

"You have to be honest."

"Of course." Micheal is looking at me with concern. I let out a huge sigh.

"I want to know what happened in the past two years. I want to what I forgot that happened before the accident." They both look at me like they don't know what to say. "Everything."

"Did anything happen?" Micheal asks. I push my hair away from my face.

"No. It's... I just... I keep having this... this... memories or visions. I don't know. I..." I take a breath in. "I feel like I am remembering things, but I don't know if I am."