Chapter-13

Chapter-13

-Diana! Diana! Diana!

Martin Raul Vincento's POV

"When is the appointment with them?" Closing the laptop, I get up taking my phone.

"It is after the Christmas holidays. So two weeks from now." William answers.

"Okay. Did Diana reach home safely?"

"Paul texted me saying that she reached safely. He said that he texted you too."

Looking at my phone I check the message. She is home. The message read. After the way she passed out of in her cabin, there is no way I am going to let her go anywhere without safety. Paul is appointed to look after her, make sure she is safe and to protect her in my absence. "Got it."

"Martin, this is maybe out of line, but..." He trails off looking at me.

"Just get to the point." I know he has something to say about me and Diana.

"I think she is having feelings for you. She even asked me about your ex-girlfriend. Of course she doesn't know that it's her."

"What did she ask?"

"She asked if your ex-girlfriend is hot?"

I can't stop the smile breaking from my lips. "That sounds like her." I murmur to myself. "What else did she ask?"

"If you are still in love with your ex-girlfriend."

"What did you say?"

Instead of responding he just looks away from me. "I told her I think that you are."

I am, of course! "It's fine. As long as she doesn't know who it is."

"I think one of these days she might find out who your ex-girlfriend is. You need to be more careful."

"I know."

We both walk out of the office and reach downstairs to our cars. "Merry Christmas, Mr. Vincento."

"What's so merry about it?" I can't help but whisper. "Merry Christmas. Enjoy your holidays with your family."

"Thank you."

Giving him one kurt nod, I drive out from there. As I drive home, there is only one thought in my mind. Diana! It's all I am thinking about these days. I am barely able to stop myself from holding her in my arms today. My car halts at the traffic signals and I look at the neatly wrapped gift placed in the passenger seat. Diana gave it to me in the morning when we met in the cellar.

Although I wanted to tear open and know what's inside, I threw it in there to act cold towards her. I remember how her smile immediately fell and all I want to do was pull her close and kiss her.

"Oh God!"

I start driving again. These days I have been losing control around her. My arms seek her whenever she is near me. That day when I was too tired with all the meetings, she took care of me just like she did in the past and for a moment I forgot that she doesn't remember me from her past. She still smells the same and having her in my arms even just for a few seconds made me forget everything. It was just her and me.

Having her so close and yet not being able to touch her is driving me crazy. But I have to keep limits with her. I should let her date other men. I should... let her go. Why is it so hard? Why can't I stop myself from being near her? I only hurt her more. She will keep running into dangers if I am with her. I should find a way to let her go. She deserves to live happily... with someone. With some other person! Fuck! Even the thought is making me see red.