Prologue

Quote: "Be obsessed with your commitment to your training. You have to be driven to improve every day."

Published: June 18, 2018

|

Prologue: "Training"

Training, training, and more training, every day during summer. I was basically living at Derek's loft, which is a new place for him and his betas to live. Well for him, Peter, and Isaac to live at. 'Cause Boyd and Erica left for a new pack, but I guess now they're missing and that's all the information I know.

I haven't seen Scott or Stiles all summer long, including my mom, Lydia, or Allison. The last time I saw them all was for my birthday which was three weeks after summer started. But I would try to talk to them over the phone as much as I can.

Peter would train me every day, and tried to teach me to learn control and he didn't want any distractions, so that's how I started living here temporarily.

Every time I trained, Derek would ask me the same question.

"Can you control it?"

And I would give him the same answer. "No, I can't control it. Quit asking that question."

And yet he ignored that and he still kept asking.

Peter just got more annoyed that I haven't really learned as much. I guess if I don't learn control soon, the dark magic can take control of me and we don't know if I'm going to be able to be brought back from that.

I walk down the stairs in Derek's loft for another day of training and I walk into the main room. I look around not seeing anyone at all.

"Hello? Peter, I'm down here for more training!" I yell out not getting any answer. I hear a slight noise behind me and I quickly turn just to feel a sharp pain on my lower stomach. I look to see four large gashes and I look up to see a huge smirk on Peter's face.

I lose balance from the pain as I fall to the ground as a lot of blood pools out from my side. "What the hell was that for?" I ask trying to catch my breath.

"Lesson one. You probably realized that your body will heal itself from a simple scratch, but a wound that big will need some assistance."

"So your plan is to almost kill me." I grunt out, more blood spilling from my wound.

"That's your lesson, heal yourself."

"And how do you expect me to do that?"

"A little birdie told me that you almost completely healed a dog from osteosarcoma. Do the same thing like that time just a little different. Put both hands on your wound." He explains and I do as I'm told trying to ignore the pain. "In your mind imagine your wound healing and stitching itself back together."

I have both hands on my wound as I close my eyes and imagine myself healing. I can feel the power run through my hands and my eyes snap open feeling the glow of the purple and seeing the green run from my hands. The wound slowly stitches back together and I stare in amusement as it fully heals, not showing any traces of me being hurt.

I stand up on my feet and I send Peter a glare for literally almost killing me and he just sends me a smirk my way.

"Next step." Derek says as he comes out of nowhere and he throws a book at me.

My reflexes weren't quick enough and the book lands on the floor with a big thud.

"Were you seriously watching the whole time as I was just almost killed?" I ask him while ignoring the book that landed in front of me.

"Yes. Now get to reading."

"What is it?" I ask picking up the big book from the ground.

"Its a grimoire." Peter answers. "Or to make it sound less confusing it's basically just a book of spells."

I look at the book's designs suddenly very interested in it. It has a tan and red color that fades into each other. And it has the same drawing of a tree on it from the necklace that I used to have along with other designs to it.

 And it has the same drawing of a tree on it from the necklace that I used to have along with other designs to it

The tree necklace that Deaton gave me to help me contain my powers and from me losing control is gone. To train me properly Peter didn't want me to have anything to do with the necklace anymore. Since the strong power that I have should not be contained or locked away. He literally ripped the necklace from around my neck and blowtorched it so it would be gone for good.

I walk over to sit down on the couch, which is one of the only pieces of furniture in the huge space of the loft, and I open the book to a random page. I look at it as I realize that it isn't even in English and it kinda looks like its written in Latin. This is going to be a long day. Just a few more weeks until I finally get to see my brother and boyfriend.

Just a few more weeks of training and the torture of living in the 'Hale' loft.
- - - - - - - - - -
I hope you all enjoyed the introduction to book 3 of the "Fighter" series.

I wasn't going to start posting this until next Monday, but I was to excited to write season 3 and I hope you all enjoy reading it.

See you next Monday with the first official episode of season 3.

Word count: 800+

Later!*