3x17

Quote: "Silver and gold the Gods have denied them, whether in mercy or in wrath, I am unable to determine."

Published: January 7, 2019

|

Chapter 17: "Silverfinger"

The warmth of my body temperature was back to normal after whatever the shadow figure did to me. I feel at the mark behind my ear that feels like a backwards five as Allison, Isaac, Scott, and I listen to Chris Argents story about the mysterious figures.

"His eyes were glowing." Scott says to Argent as I listened to his story.

"There was something almost ritualistic about it." Argent tells us. "Like it was looking right into his soul."

"That's the same thing it did to me." Isaac says.

"The same thing happened to me as well." I input.

"That's what they did to everyone." Allison states as she cleans her dad's wounds that he somehow got.

"Not everyone." Scott says. "They only came after the werewolves."

"Did you not see what happened to me or what I just now said?" I ask Scott dumbfoundly. "Not only with me, but they also went after Lydia."

"Anyone with a connection to the supernatural." Argent informs.

"Then who was the guy they went after in Japan?" Isaac asks him.

"A Kumicho." He says. "A Yakuza boss. It was my first gun deal. I was only eighteen and it was supposed to be a simple exchange. Except Gerard left out the minor detail of the buyers being yakuza. He wanted to see if I could adapt in the moment. Testing my ability to uh, improvise."

"Or your ability to survive." Allison adds.

"The moment the sun went down it was like they just materialized out of the shadows. They had swords, not curved like katanas but straight, black steel. Like ninjatos."

"What did they want?" Scott asks curiously.

"To get to the kumicho. They cut down every living thing in their way."

"Did they mark him like they did us?" I ask as I touch the mark behind my ear agian.

"Not exactly." Argent answers.

"What was he?"

"I don't know. But there might be someone who does. There were a few others who survived that night. One of them was a man named Katashi. They called him Silverfinger because of an unusual prosthetic. And it looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself. I've known for a while Katashi was in the country. I spent yesterday tracking him down.

Isaac points out at the cuts on Chris' face. "Didn't look like he wanted to be found."

"Not particularly, no."

"You think he knows what they are? Or what they want?" Scott questions.

"Maybe."

"What if he doesn't want to talk?" Allison asks as her dad stands from his seat.

"What if he doesn't remember you?" I also ask.

"He'll remember this." Chris says as he turns a box to face us and he opens it up to reveal a gray metal mask broken in pieces wrapped in a cloth. It was the same mask that the figures were wearing that we encountered with. "I know I didn't kill it. I'm not sure you can." Scott picks up a piece of the mask to examine it. "But I slowed it down long enough for us to get out of there."