3x03

Quote: "Don't believe every worried thought you have. Worried thoughts are notoriously inaccurate."

Published: July 2, 2018

|

Chapter 3: "Fireflies"

I try my best not to worry about Scott and Derek, but I know that they can take care of themselves.

Soon enough, surprisingly, I'm in the passenger seat of Stiles' jeep on the way to the public pool because Lydia found a dead body.

"Lydia? Lydia, are you okay?" I ask her as we make it to the pools.

"I'm okay. That, over there - not okay."

"Yeah, alright. I'm gonna call my dad." Stiles says.

"I already called nine-one-one."

"You called the police before you called us? "

"I'm supposed to call you first when I find a dead body?"

"Yes!" Stiles yells out and by mine and Lydia's reaction he calms down and calls Scott.

"Are you sure?" Scott asks over the speaker after Stiles told him about the dead body.

"Yep. Throat ripped out, blood everywhere. It's like the frickin' shining over here. If two little twin girls come out of the woods, start asking me to play with them forever and ever, I'm not gonna be surprised." He says and I shockingly laugh a little, even though it is not a laughing matter with a dead body nearby.

"Can you get a little closer to make sure it was them?"

"Make sure it was them? Scott, who else is going around ripping throats out?"

"Please just do it."

Stiles looks over at the body and I look over at it too. I notice that he's wearing a purity ring, but I know that Boyd and Cora didn't do this. Whoever did, it's deceiving and dark, something that is completely up to no good. I feel the bad energy just from being around here.

》》》

"You didn't have to follow me home." Lydia say as Stiles and I walk behind her into her bedroom.

"We just wanted to make sure you got in okay." I tell her.

"I had a police escort." She says as she sits down on her bed.

"I know the inner workings of that force, alright?" Stiles says. "They're not nearly as reliable as people think."

"Well, you also didn't have to follow me into my room."

"Uh, yeah we don't have an answer for that." I state. "We can leave."

"Are you really gonna go without asking me the question that you've been dying to ask me?" She asks mostly looking at Stiles for an answer.

"Well, I'm not - I haven't been dying to ask anything. I - no questions here for Stiles. Nothing." He says.

"We can both see it on your face." I tell him. "You're like a damn open book."