3x12

Quote: "The festival has always been, even in good times, a festival of cultural survival and we're surviving again. It's our social instinct when things go bad."

Published: September 17, 2018

|

Chapter 12: "Lunar Eclipse"

I gasp awake and cough as I sit up. I hear other gasps as I look behind me to see Scott, Stiles, and Allison sitting up in the tubs. I look to my surroundings to see we're in this big, empty, white room.

I stand up as the three of them get out of the tubs. We don't say anything as we look to our surroundings. We turn in one direction as we see a big tree stump at the end of the room. The Nemeton. We all slowly make our way to the stump. We make it there and we watch as Scott looks to his tattoo and then to the markings on the stump. Scott for some reason places his hand to it.

I do the same and I feel all this power rush through it and throughout my body. I gasp pulling my hand away, but when I look around I'm not in the white room anymore. I'm by myself in the middle of the Lacrosse field.

"Lydia!" I turn around to see myself running out to the field. I remember this night. This was the night of the formal. Which was also the night Peter surfaced my witch powers. "Lydia! Run!"

My past self passes right by me and I turn just in time to see Peter bite into Lydia and she falls onto the ground unconscious. Peter then has a hold of me as past Stiles shows up and begs him not to kill me.

After a couple converses, Peter digs his claws into my neck and his canines bite down onto my shoulder. I take in a sharp breath as I feel a pain and when I blink I am no longer at the Lacrosse field.

I look around and notice that I'm somewhere in the middle of the woods.

"Zoey McCall." I whip around at the voice and a beautiful blonde woman stands before me.

"Who are you?" I ask her.

"I'm Eve. And I was just like you before it was my time." She tells me and I'm confused on what she means. "Every couple of centuries the most powerful witch is born into the supernatural world." She explains.

"And that was you."

"Now that's you, but you and your friends shouldn't have sacrificed yourselves."

"Why? What do you mean?" I question her.

"It's not good. Because of the sacrifice you have all opened a door and you all need to close it before it's too late. Especially with you Zoey, the dark magic will try to take over and you must not let that happen."

"And how am I supposed to do that?" I start to panic. "How did you stop it from taking over you?"

"I'm out of time. I must go."

"Hey, wait!" I call after her as she walks away. "Eve, please!" She turns the corner of a tree, but when I look around it she's nowhere to be found.

I shake my head as my heart races and I take a step back when I hit something behind me. I look behind me seeing the big stump in the ground. I found the Nemeton.

》》》

I gasp once again as I wake and my breathing is quick. I notice that I'm laying on a metal table and I look around me to see the others all looking at me. "I know where it is. I found the Nemeton."