3x16

Quote: "You have to find what sparks a light in you, so that you in your own way, can illuminate the world."

Published: January 7, 2019

|

Chapter 16: "Illuminated"

Let me just tell you, getting shocked by tons of electricity by a shrapnel bomber is by far the worst pain I have ever felt since being brought into the supernatural world.

Now with the power being completely out in all of Beacon Hills, I guess something else could happen even worse. Like being questioned by an FBI agent, also known as my dad.

"So, when did you get there?" Dad asks as Stiles, Scott, Kira, Lydia, and I are all sitting in Sheriff Stilinski's office. I boredly sit while I mess with the chipped fingernail polish on my nails.

"At the same time." Stiles simply answers.

"At the same time as who?"

"At the same time as me." Scott says as I hold in a small laugh as each of them start the sentences with the same words.

"By coincidence?"

"And what do you mean by coincidence?" I ask just to bring myself entertainment.

"That's what I'm asking you." He says as he directs it to Scott and Stiles. "The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott asks.

"I think he's asking me." Stiles says.

"I think he should also be asking me," I say. "I was with Stiles at the time at his house. And the three of us showed up at the same time."

"I think he's asking the three of you." Lydia inputs.

"Okay, let me answer the questions," Dad says as I try to hold in my laughter when he realizes his mistake. "Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear." He looks back at the notes that he has. "Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

"Sounds about right." I boredly tell him.

"How did you know he'd take her to a power substation?" Dad asks Stiles.

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?" He answers.

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." Stiles winks and points to his dad as Sheriff Stilinski covers his laugh with a small cough and I have to try and hold in more of my laughter as well.

"Stiles, just, uh... just answer the man." Stilinksi tells him.

"We made a good guess." He simply answers.

"What were the two of you doing?" Dad turns to ask Scott and Kira.

"Eating sushi." Kira answers at the same time as Scott answers with, "Eating pizza."

Kira and Scott give each other a look before turning back to dad. Kira then says, "Eating pizza." As Scott says, "Eating sushi."

"Eating sushi and pizza."They then both say correctly at the same time.

"You believe this?" Dad asks as he turns to Sheriff Stilinski.

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak," Stilinski says. "But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."