3x23

Quote: "We attach ourselves so strongly to people. When they are gone, a part of us is gone too."

Published: May 20, 2019

|

Chapter 23: "Insatiable"

I sit up in Scott's room right next to Stiles as mom checks to make sure he's okay.

She checks his eyesight and then his pulse.

"Well... medically, you seem okay." Mom tells him. "You're definitely a real person." She slightly laughs.

"Okay, so I'm real, but am I really me?" Stiles asks and we all look up as Scott enters the room. "Is she here?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, let's do this."

None of us say anything as we look away from his gaze. I haven't really said much since we got him back.

"Guys, we have to do this."

I look to mom and Scott as they seem to get the message and they leave the room.

"Stiles-"

"Zoey." He cuts me off as I look down, but he puts his hand under my chin to make me look at him. "I have to do this, okay. I need to do this."

I barely nod as I place my hand on the side of his head. "Okay." I whisper and without hesitation I slowly bring his head down to mine for a short slow kiss. "Okay." I repeat and I stand from the bed.

I help him up and carefully walk down the stairs with him. As we walk into the living room we see Noshiko Yukimura standing there.

"Do you recognize me?" She asks Stiles and he nods to her. He looks over to me nodding in reassurance and I slowly let go of his hand.

"Stop." Kira tells her mom as she rushes into the room.

"It's okay." Stiles tells her walking closer to the two. "I'm the one who asked her to come."

"You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords." She turns to look at her mother. "Mom, don't do this to him."

"It's already done." She replies. Two Oni appear in the living room and my heart starts to race.

I watch as one of the Oni stands behind him to keep him still and the other stands in front of him, grabbing his head just behind his ear. The Oni's eyes start to glow a bright neon yellow.

As the Oni let's go of him, I quickly rush forward to catch him in my arms and slowly lower him to the ground before he could hit it.

"Check behind his ear." Noshiko says and I hold onto Stiles' shaking body as Kira checks behind his ear to see the backwards five.

"It worked." Scott says as I sigh in relief.

"So, I'm actually me?" Stiles asks Noshiko.

"More you than the Nogitsune."

"Can the Oni find him?"