3x24

Quote: "It's sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew."
-Henry Rollins

Published: May 20, 2019

|

Chapter 24: "The Divine Move"

I'm sitting in the police station, Lydia and I wrapped in each other's arms. Scott and Isaac sitting with us as well.

We're waiting to get called in individually to answer questions about what happened to Allison.

My eyes roam around as I try to push everything to the back of my mind.

"Zoey." I look up at Sheriff Stilinski in the doorway to his office. He nods to the room and I give Lydia's hand a squeeze before I slide mine out of hers to stand.

Stilinski let's me walk into his office first and he closes the door behind him. My hands are brought to my chest as I sit down on the couch. Deputy Parrish is leaning up against the desk in front of me with a notepad and pen in his hands.

-

"Zoey, look at me." I can't even look at him without guilt flooding through my body. Images of Allison dying flashes right in front of me. "Look at me. Zoey! Look at me." My eyes flash up to Chris' as tears brim his eyes, bringing fresh ones to mine. "You called me first, okay? Say it. You called me first."

-

"I-" I take a deep breath in as a tear slips from my eye. "I called her dad first." I can't even bring myself to say her name.

"Can you tell me what happened before that?" Parrish calmly asks me in a gentle voice.

"There were two - there were two of them. They - they tried to steal our car. And they wore masks. I - I saw something metallic and sharp. I think - I think it was a knife." I stutter over my words as tears slide down my face.

-

I grip onto my Daggers, the only things I have left of her.

"Good. Don't ever get too specific. What do you say next? If you get confused, what do you always repeat?"

-

"Can you tell me anything else?" I cry as my body shakes uncontrollably. "Zoey. Is there anything else you can tell me on what happened?"

"I'm sorry. It just-" I feel a hand on my shoulder and already know that it's Stilinski. "It - it all just - it all happened so fast."

-

"That's right. Say it again. Zoey, say it again." Chris repeats as my eyes meet with his again.

"How are you doing this?"

He answers me after a few moments.

"It's what we do." His hand rubs across the top of my shoulders to comfort me. "It's what we do."

>>> >>> >>>