3x13

Quote: "Do you ever wake up one day and look in the mirror and not recognize your own reflection, and you realize you're losing your mind and more importantly; yourself?"

Published: November 19, 2018

|

Chapter 13: "Anchors"

I laugh along with Scott and Stiles as we walk down the school hallways. I dressed lazy today as my messy bun keeps my hair out of my face. For once in over a year we're all relaxed, not having to deal with any mysterious, supernatural creature. I look at both the boys with a smile on my face, but it drops as I see something from the corner of my eye.

I stop dead in my tracks as I see a black cloak disappear around a corner. The boys stop to look at me when they realize that I'm not walking with them anymore.

"Yo, babe, you okay?" Stiles asks me.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." I answer him as I look back to the corner. "Uh, I'll catch up with you both later." I start to walk away.

"Zoey, are you sure you're okay?" Scott asks me and I turn back to them.

"Yeah of course. I - I'll just meet you two in class." They give me confused, worried looks, but I turn around as I rush down the hall and I turn the corner.

I look through the crowded hallway of students as I try to look for the black cloak. I look just in time to see a door shut on the right of the corridor. The corridor starts to empty out as students enter into their classes.

I make my way to the recently shut door and I peer in through the small window. I see the cloaked figure facing towards the wall of windows and I look to the almost empty hallway before making my way into the empty classroom.

I look to the feminine shape and she doesn't turn around even when the door slams shut behind me.

"Who are you?" I ask her.

"Hmm, Zoey McCall. I was wondering when we going to be able to talk." She says chuckling darkly that it gives me the chills.

But the voice, its all too familiar for me not to recognize, considering the voice belongs to myself.

"T - that's not possible." I stutter out as the figure turns to me, lifting off the hood of the cloak.

"Oh but it is. We may look the same but we are completely different."

"How are we completely different, if you're me."

"I used to be like you. In a few months time this, this is what you're gonna become." She brings her hands up and the familiar green flame lights through them, but the color is much different. The green is a darker color and the purple eyes are just as dark, almost a glowing black.

"N - no. I won't let it take over."

"You don't have a choice the dark magic will take control of you."

She then throws her hands forward and I go to counter attack her force, but I get thrown back. I hit the wall behind me and she walks to me before crouching right in front of me.

"The sooner you let the dark magic just take over, you will be stronger than you have ever been before." She chuckles at my weak state. "You can wake up now Zoey, I'll see you in the real world."

》》》

I shoot up in bed completely out of breath as I look to my surroundings. I take in a couple of deep breaths as my body relaxes.