3x04

Quote: "If you see something that you feel is familiar it gives you an important kind of emotional connection."

Published: July 9, 2018

|

Chapter 4: "Unleashed"

I'm at school and I changed in the girl's locker room into work out clothes and I threw on a pair of running shoes. Since I wasn't a werewolf anymore I was so happy when cross country season finally came along. I was now on the track as I was stretching next to Isaac while he was tying his shoe.

I feel a presence behind me and immediately stop what I'm doing. I turn to my left and then to my right to see the twins on either side of Isaac and I. Coach blows the whistle as they take off along with the rest of the team.

"Pace yourselves! Come on!" Coach yells out as Isaac was about to sprint off but Scott quickly stops him.

"Isaac."

"It's them." He states before he gets out of Scott's grip and he takes off after the twins. Without waiting for Scott I also take off as I hear him call out to the both of us.

I sprint after Isaac and I'm a little ways behind him as I pass the other cross country players. Somewhere along the line I lose him and the twins. I turn around a corner and I watch as Isaac is tackled to the ground, both of the twins are holding him up as I hear Aiden.

"Ethan, I always forget, how many bones in the human body?"

"I don't know. Let's count."

Before Ethan can break any of Isaac's bones I rush down to them and I punch Ethan, knocking him to the ground.

"That's one." I state as Scott comes up behind me.

All the werewolves growl and roar at each other, but even though it's a risk before I can show my powers a loud scream is heard from a distance. It catches all of our attention and we rush to where the scream came from.

Scott, Isaac, and I find where Stiles is and we all look to see a guy tied to a tree by his neck, dead. I gasp as I cover my mouth and quickly look away not being able to look at the guys state.

"It's him, isn't it?" Stiles asks. 'Cause apparently Scott said one of Deaton's clients want missing last night and his dog was the only thing found outside of the animal clinic.

Later Sheriff Stilinski shows up along with a couple of deputies.

"Hey, get out of the way. Get back." Sheriff says pushing a few people back. "Get this area cordoned off before they trample every piece of evidence."

"Back up! Everyone back!" Deputy Tara yells out.

"Get these kids out of here!"

"Dad, just come here. Look, look." Stiles says pointing to the body. "Look at it. It's the same as the others, you see?"

"Yeah, I see that. Do me a favor. Go back to school, yeah?" He says to Stiles then he looks over to Coach. "Coach, can you give us a hand here?"

"You heard the man. Nothing to see here. Probably just some homeless kid."

"Coach." Scott says getting his attention.

"Yeah?"

"He was a senior."

"Oh." He says sighing. "He wasn't on the team was he?"

Number one Coach everybody, not caring about anyone else's well being but himself.