Chapter 1

"You just better hope to hell you didn't bring anything else back" Regina said in tears as Emma stood frozen in shock at Marian's and Robin's reunion that she didn't mean to cause.

Regina walked out of the diner followed by a few glares of the people there.

Emma stood, thinking of what she had just done, tears started to fill her eyes.

She walked to the back of the diner and leaned against the wall, she wanted to be alone. She wanted to be away from people.

Hook saw her retire to the rear part of the crowded diner and shortly followed after her, he found her leaning stiffly against the wall with her eyes watered.

He stood in front of her in silence for a minute.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

"No" she quickly responded.

"Would you like to be alone?"

She shook her head and swallowed hard.

She wanted to be alone before, but when he came she remembered the one person who she would actually want with her in that situation. Him.

She didn't want her mom with her, not what after Regina told her about consequences. She wanted him.

"If it helps, you did what you thought was right" Hook said as he stood next to her.

"Exactly. I did what I thought was right" she said barely over a whisper.

"You couldn't let her die." He said.

"I said I didn't want to talk about it" she said followed by a sniff.

"Sorry, love." He apologized.

After a minute of silence she leaned closer to him and let her head rest on his shoulder.

He wrapped his arm around her. She felt safe in his arms. Like nothing could harm her except the words that left Regina's mouth.

"Oh this is nothing, imagine what she's going through, you ruined her love life" a voice in Emma's head said. That just made her feel worse.

She picked her head up from his shoulder. "I think I'm gonna uh...go to bed" she said wiping away her tears.

"Alright love, goodnight" he said with a smile. Not the flirtatious smile, not his famous smirk, but a sweet reassuring smile.

She smiled back and went to her room where she had been staying in since she arrived in Storybrooke.

She left the door open so when Henry decide to come up stairs he could come in.

She went to her room and jumped in bed without bordering to change clothes. And drifted off to sleep.

-

Back at the diner

-

Hook walked back to the front of the diner.

"Hook, where's Emma?" Charming asked coming up to him.

"She retrieved for the night" he responded.

"Is she okay, after what happened with Regina?" Charming questioned.

"No, she's going to need time mate"

Hook responded.

"Alright, thanks" Charming said and went over to Snow.

Hook went over to where the stools were and he drunk everything that was left in his mug.

He looked around and Robin was in a booth with Marian, she was talking with Roland, but Robin's mind seemed to be somewhere else.

He turned around and left to the room that Granny had been lending him, it was next to Emma's.

He went and dropped in bed, soon he fell asleep.

~

Emma opened her eyes and realized it was morning. The sun was seeping through the window, the light bordering her.

She stood up and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and shower.

After the refreshing shower she went and looked around the small motel room for Henry. Went to his bed but he wasn't there. She thought maybe he stayed at Mary Margaret's loft.

She went to the kitchen and started making breakfast for herself. Scrambled eggs with pancakes and hot coco with cinnamon.

She sat down and was about to take the first first bite out of her plate when there was a heavy knock on her door.

There was only one person who knocked like that.

She stood up and opened the door.

"Goodmorning swan" Hook smiled standing in front of her.

She slightly rolled her eyes and walked back inside leaving the door open for him to come in.

"How are you?" He asked sitting next to her on the edge of the couch.

"Same." She said and started eating.

"Love, you can't let this keep you down." He said.

"Killian, I messed up her love life" she said back.

"No you didn't, last night Robin was sitting with Marian but his mind seemed too wondering, I bet he was thinking about her."

"You think?" She asked sipping away at her coco.

"I know the look of love, swan" she said with a grin.

She couldn't help it but smile.

"Let's change to a more pleasant subject" he said.

She stood up and put the plate in the sink along with the cup and fork.

"Like what?" She asked.

He stood up and stood in front of her.

"Like...our kiss." He said with a smirk.

"What about it?" She asked.

"Have I won your heart like I told you I would?" He asked leaning closer to her.

She looked him in the eyes. Those beautiful sea blue eyes that pulled you in. She leaned in breaking the space between them. She kissed him like she depended on it. His hand was by her by her hip, keeping her steady.

Their lips parted.

"Was that a yes or a no? Kiss me again just to be sure" he said flashing a smile.

She was about to kiss him again but was interrupted when her phone buzzed. It was a text.

David: can you come over? We have a slight issue on our hands...again.

I'll be right there, I'll bring Hook too.

I texted back.

David: Good, were gonna need help.

Alright.

she wrote back confused.

"We gotta go, David says we have an issue on our hands" She tells Hook.

"What is it?" He asks as she went to her room and came back with her purple leather jacket in hand.

"Let's go, and we'll find out." She tells him, grabbing her keys and putting on the jacket.

They went out the door and walked downstairs to Emma's car, making their way to the loft.