Chapter 17

The kiss was soft and gentle, she liked how her lips felt against his; his scruff briefly brushing over her skin.

Then there it was, that blast she was expecting, it went off like a sigh of relief escaping her.

Her eyes flew open and she pulled away, looking around, the pale blue ice slowly disappearing from his skin.

A huge smile spread across her face, spreading from ear to ear. Her eyes watering in excitement.

"Swan...you did it" he practically breathed out looking at his hand that was now returning to it's natural color.

His hair once again raven black, the color returning to his cheeks. He grinned and looked up at her, "you did it" he repeated, looking at her this time.

She nodded not able to find the right words, a wide grin still plastered on her face, "you're going to be okay" she whispered and put her hand on the back of his neck, pulling her forehead to his.

He smiled and closed his eyes, bringing his now warm hand to her cheek, "thank you" he said barely over a whisper.

She shook her head, "thank me when your out of this damn hospital" she let out a breathy laugh.

He chuckled then looked down slightly, "I'm sorry about everything I've put you through..."

"Don't. You're here now, and you're alive" Emma smiled, "that's all the apology I need."

"So? Did I win you're heart?" He smirked. And there he was, her cleverly cunning pirate was back once again.

She nodded, "all of it" she smiled and looked up in his eyes. The stunning swirl of blue and green making her get lost in them.

All he did was kiss her again, he was genuinely happy. He won her heart, he won her. And that's all he's ever wanted from the moment he swore he would in Neverland.

She kissed him back, curling her fingers around the strands of hair at the back of his head, "I love you" he blurted out against her lips.

She pulled away and opened her eyes, searching his, "I, love you too" she smiled.

Somehow, she had ended up sitting at the edge of the bed as he sat up with his left arm around her waist, his hook resting on her hip.

She pecked his lips and smiled, "time to get you back home, mate" she faked a British accent.

He laughed, "aye aye Captain Swan."

She rolled her eyes and smirked slightly.

Regina strolled into the hospital room and cleared her throat to catch the couples attention, "I'm guessing it worked?"

Killian nodded and reached out taking Emma's hand in his, "that it did" he smiled at her.

"So...am I done now?" Regina asked, her arms crossed over her chest and her eyebrow flew up.

Emma snapped her head towards her, "yeah, thank you" she said gratefully.

The Queen nodded and smiled back slightly, "no problem."

"Alright, until we meet again then" Regina sighed and turned her back then walked out of the room, closing the door behind her and leaving Emma and Killian alone once again.

"Ready to go home?" She grinned and looked back at him. He was fully back to his original self. Pitch black hair, cerulean eyes, and a breathtaking smile.

"I don't know..." He shrugged, "the food's sort of good here."

She rolled her eyes again, "we're leaving." She said finally.

His lips curled up into a slight smirk, "as you wish."

She felt the heat rush to her cheeks and she smiled biting her lip.

If only he knew what that meant...

-
hopefully you like that ;)