Chapter 12

Emma ran into the woods. She knew Hook was behind her and would eventually catch up to her. But she tried her best to escape.

She started slowing down and he caught her by the arm making her stop.

He looked in her eyes. They were red and full of tears. She looked so broken...

He knew this was going to leave her like hell. Him dying, he couldn't even think about the pain he would cause her.

"Killian, I can't do this" she breathed out trying to choke back the tears.

He started at her. Was she breaking up with him? He thought.

"I care about you too much and watching you turn to ice is going to be probably the worst pain ever. I can't watch someone I love die" she said barely over a whisper.

He heard the word 'love' and that brought him some hope that she would stay with him.

"You love me?" He asked searching her eyes.

She wanted to say it, she wanted to yell out loud how much she loved him. But she couldn't let the words out. So she didn't answer.

"I can't watch you die, it'll kill me" she said finally letting the tears roll down her cheeks, "and I don't want to loose you."

He was on the edge of tears by now, she couldn't believe her. "You can't do this" he whispered.

She looked down the closed her eyes, "you need to understand this is too hard for me. I need to avoid getting more hurt than I already am" she said, her voice breaking.

She was being selfish. She knew this would break his heart too. But it was too much to handle.

He looked at her and she saw it. The heartbreak, the hurt, the deception.

She wanted to wrap her arms around him and never leave him. But she just couldn't.

"I'm sorry, Killian" she said so softly she thought he didn't even hear her.

She turned around and walked away. Leaving him behind with a black, empty void in his heart.

He let her walk away because he knew there was no changing her mind.

He lost her. He loved her and he let her walk away. She should be with him when he has his last breath. But he knew that was just painful for her.

He watched her walk away. Her figure becoming smaller and smaller until she was no longer in sight.

It had only been a few minutes and he already missed her.

-

Wow. I suck at updating:(

Sorry, for the break up

-