Chapter 8

Emma looked at Hook. A few strands of his dark brown, almost black hair, were turning silver white.

"What do you mean it's turning white?" he asked running a hand through his hair as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Mary Margaret, bring a mirror" Emma said, her eyes never leaving Hook.

Mary Margaret stood and brought back a small mirror. Hook took it and looked at himself, "but why?" He asked confused.

Emma's eyes shot open, "it's because she struck you, isn't it?" she said looking at him.

"I don't know..." He sighed and kept looking in the mirror.

"We need to get Rumple. He can help us figure what caused this and what it is." Emma said as she took the mirror away from him.

She put the mirror on the coffee table and leaned back into the chair with a sigh, "I knew something bad was going to happen. Something bad always happens"

Mary Margaret heard this and left the room so she could give them some privacy because she knew they were about to have a serious conversation.

"Love, were going to figure this out, calm down" Hook said reassuringly.

"I can't calm down" she slightly raised her voice, "Elsa, crazy ice powers Elsa, struck you in the chest with ice! And your hair is turning white. God knows what's happening to you"

Hook looked at her lovingly, "Emma, I'll be fine, don't worry"

"How do you know?" She looks at him with tears in her eyes but she quickly blinked them away, "I finally open up to someone again, and this happens"

She looked down, "I lost Neal, I lost Graham...I-I can't loose you too" she said as her bottom lip slightly quivered.

Hook took her hand in his and laced their fingers together as he leaned closer to her, "you're not going to loose me...ever."

She looked up into his eyes. His eyes. There was something about his gaze that made her feel safe and warm. His eyes were like the sea. One look, and you drowned.

His eyes kept piercing into her soul and she couldn't help it, she leaned in and kissed him hard.

He was taken by surprise but didn't hesitate to kiss back. Hook placed his hand on her lower back and pressed her up against him as their lips kept moving in sync.

Emma put her hand on the back of his neck and let the strands of his hair slide between her fingers. He swept out his tongue as he tasted every inch of her mouth.

It was all passionate and rough, but still full of love and lust. She pulled away to get a breath but still holding him close. He pressed his forehead on hers.

"I've been wanting to that for a while now" she breathed out while a small smile tugged the corner of her lips.

"I love you..." He whispered looking into her eyes.

Once those words were out, he couldn't stop them. Emma looked back into his eyes.

Did she love him? Should she say it back? She was lost. She liked him, she'll admit that. But... I love you...?

Those were the three little words that were really hard to say to a guy.

She didn't know what to do, so she just said, "I know..."

He understood why she didn't say it back. It was Emma, she had been building that wall up for years. 'I love you' wasn't exactly that easy for her to say.

He smiled and softly pecked her lips.

Maybe one day he'll actually get the chance to hear her say that