Chapter 9

Emma insisted on Hook staying at the loft for the rest of the night so she could keep an eye on him. After what happened with Elsa, she wasn't going to let him out of her sight.

She was impatiently waiting to go to Gold's shop tomorrow. To find out what Elsa did to him.

She was sitting on the couch staring at the black screen of the living room TV. She had her arms around her knees as she pressed them against her chest.

She couldn't stop thinking about today, she saw Elsa. Freaking Elsa! Was there an Olaf too?

She trailed her thoughts away from The Ice Queen and back to her pirate.

'Her pirate?' She thought, 'did she just call him her pirate?'

She smiled and dropped her chin on her knees. Was she going to lose him? Just like she lost Neal, and Graham?

She didn't know if she loved Hook or not. Maybe, just maybe, she did love him, and she was denying it to herself.

Her train of thought broke when she heard someone come into the room.

"It's nearly one in the morning, why are you still awake?" Asked Hook as he walked around the couch and stopped in front of her.

"Couldn't sleep" she simply answered and looked up at him with a slight smile.

"Is this about my gorgeous new coloration of hair?" He asked sarcastically with a smile as he sat next to her on the couch.

"Maybe" she said softly and her smile faded as she pressed her knees tighter against her chest.

Hook sighed and looked at her, "You can't let this keep you worried. I told you, I'm going to be fine" He said reassuringly.

She kept staring into blank space, "You don't know that. Magic is a very unpredictable thing" she muttered.

"Trust me" he said and gained her attention, "I'm not leaving" he said and smiled softly.

She smiled slightly, "Maybe your right. I just have this feeling that something bad is gonna happen to you" she said looking at him.

He rolled his tongue out over his bottom lip and glanced down, "perhaps this time you're wrong. And if, if you are correct. Then we'll find out tomorrow when we go see The Dark One" he said and switched his glance to her.

She looked at him for a minute. Studying his face. His piercing crystal blue eyes that stood out perfectly because of his eyeliner. His deep brown hair parted to one side but still slightly messy. His thin, pink lips pressed into a straight line. His dark scruff made his chiseled jaw stand out more. And what attracted her the most- the scar that spread diagonally across his cheek.

"I guess we'll find out tomorrow then" she said looking away and glancing down at the ruffly carpet that was right beneath the couch.

He sighed and stood up, "You should go to sleep and get some rest. I'm sure you're tired" he said holding out his hand to help her off the couch.

She looked at up at him then back at his hand as she took it. He pulled her up and brought her to her feet and she stumbled towards him because of the force. He was still holding her hand as he slowly stepped closer to her.

She tensed up as she looked into his eyes and realized what he was about to do.

He leaned in and pressed his lips against hers. She felt this swirl of emotions. She felt happy, but at the same time scared. She felt loved, but at the same time she wanted to pull away.

Their hand were still joined as his lips moved in sync with hers. He wanted to stay like this forever, having her close to him and kissing her.

She gave into the kiss and put herself on her tippy toes as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He responded and brought his hand to her lower back as he pressed her flush against him. Their bodies were perfectly molded together, not a single inch between them.

In one second to the other the kiss went from soft and sweet, to hard and heated. He forced his tongue against hers and she opened her mouth more to give him full access.

He brought his hook to her hip and ran the metal curve down her thigh. She wrapped her arms tighter around him and let a moan escape her lips.

He used his hook to press her impossibly close to him. She realized what was happening...and she was completely giving into it.

Before she could think it over she pulled away and stepped back slightly from him. Her body was already missing the heat he provided when she was close to him.

She looked him in the eyes, "I'm sorry, I-I just...can't" she stuttered.

He looked at her and was about to say something by she cut him off, "I should- I'm going to sleep" she said and licked her lips.

She broke the kiss just a few seconds ago and she was already needing to feel his lips again. The sweet taste of rum that lingered onto him was glued to her mouth, and she loved it.

Before he could say anything she turned around and walked away heading up the stairs that were in the loft and made her way to her room.

He stood still in his spot. He brushed his fingers over his bottom lip and realized what he had just done. He didn't know whether to follow her or just let her be. He wanted to go after her and apologize but she would never talk to him, not now at least.