Chapter 18

The morning sun was peaking through the cream colored curtains that hung on the window.

The room was quiet and calm besides the sound of the chirping birds outside.

Emma's eyes fluttered open and she took a deep breath, slowly waking up.

She was laying beside him, curled up next to his warm body. The white sheets were displayed over her back, covering up to her shoulders.

Her head tilted up slightly, looking at Killian. His eyes sealed and his expression was soft and relaxed. She smiled, thinking about the events of the previous night.

Thinking how good it felt to be with him, she felt loved and cared for. That wasn't a frequent feeling in her life.

She laid her head back on his chest, hearing for the steady beating of his heart, securing her that he was okay.

The quietness slowly faded as her phone started ringing, the irritating ringtone going off on full volume.

"Crap" she exclaimed in a whisper and sat up from the bed, wrapping one of the sheets around her bare body.

She stood up from the bed, slightly feeling weak to her knees as she looked around for the scattered clothes in the room.

She quickly spotted her jeans and bent over picking them up, she retrieved her phone from the back pocket and looked at the screen.

David (1 missed call)

She bit her lip and looked over at Hook, still sleeping soundly with one of the sheets covering up to his waistline.

She tapped the screen and put the phone to her ear as she held the blanket tightly around her.

"Emma?" The sound of David's voice came through the device.

"Hey dad, did you call me?" She asked walking out of the bedroom so the conversation wouldn't wake Killian up.

"Yeah. Where are you? You we're suppose to work the morning shift today." Dave said.

She looked over at the clock that was hanging on the wall, 10:14. Her eyes widened as she plopped down on the couch.

"God, I'm so sorry, I completely forgot. I can make it up tomorrow if you'd like" She said hopefully.

"No, it's fine. What I'd like to know is where you are. You didn't come home last night." He commented.

"I'm at Granny's...with Killian." She said slowly, as if her words we're so fragile they would break something.

"With Hook?!" David nearly yelled making her pull the phone away from her ear slightly.

"It's Killian." She answered, "and I'm old enough to sleep over with my boyfriend right?"

No sound came from the phone.

"Thought so. Bye, I'll see you later" she smiled slightly at her father's reaction.

"Oh uh, yeah, bye." He said and she hung up with a sigh.

She threw the phone aside and laid back against the couch as she crossed her arms.

"Emma?" A groggy accented voice came from behind the couch, she jumped slightly in surprise and clutched the blanket tighter around her.

He walked around the couch, now visible to her. His hair was tousled, a few strands falling over his forehead.

He had put his pants back on, barely. The button was open and still not zipped, making the jeans hang low on his waist.

"Up here, love" he signaled to his face as a grin spread on his lips. She had been staring and she didn't even know.

She bit her lip, trying not to smile as her cheeks grew red. She opened her mouth to say something but no words came out.

"You scared me for a minute there, I thought you left." He took a few steps forwards before sitting beside her on the small couch.

"Why would I?" Her brows furrowed in slight confusion.

"I just thought maybe you left to the Sheriff's Station, or home." He licked his bottom lip before biting it and looking at her.

"Yeah, David called, I told him I'd make the hours up tomorrow." She pointed towards the phone on the other side of the couch.

"Plus," She secured the white sheet around her and wrapped her arms around his neck before ending the sentence, bringing their bodies closer together, "the thought of spending the morning with you made me wanna stay."

His shapphire blue eyes met her emerlad green ones as his lips curled up into a smile, "is that so?"

"Mhm" Her head nodded yes slowly as she leaned in pressing her lips against his gently.

"Didn't have enough last night?" He whispered against her lips with a settle smirk.

She pulled her lips away, giving him a look. She casually stood up from the couch with an eye roll and strolled back into the bedroom, the long white sheet dragging behind her.

He sighed with a grin and got up too, following her into the room.

By the time he arrived, she was already back in her underwear and bra, also half way through putting on her shirt.

Killian walked over to Emma, grasping the edge of her shirt with his fingers, "I have something better." Swiftly, he pulled her shirt off again.

Her eyebrow flew up, curious as to what he has in mind.

He bent over and picked up his black dress shirt from the floor, "this will do much better" A smirk plastered on his face.

He slowly slid her arms through the sleeves, sliding it over her shoulders. She realized as he did, the shirt smelt like him. The salty smell of the sea, with the smallest hint of the sweet odor of Rum.

She smiled at the thought of a drink right now, but her thinking trail was interrupted when he started buttoning up the shirt, his fingers briefly brushing the skin of her belly, the action sending shivers through her body.

He buttoned it up to about her mid-chest, showing a little of what he wanted to see, "I was thinking, that we should call up Ruby and order breakfast?" He suggested.

"Sounds great" She grinned as he stepped away to pick up the phone on the bedside table and handing it to her.

She caught a glimpse of herself in the body length mirror, "this thing is long on me" She said reffering to the shirt.

"It looks fine" He smiled at her sheepishly.

She rolled her eyes and laid parellel on the bed as she made the phone call.

-
Hope you enjoyed;)