Chapter 10

The next morning everyone was still sleeping, Henry was still over at Regina's. Emma doesn't want him in any of this mess.

Everything was calm until Hook's eyes shot open at the pain he was getting in his chest. It was like a thousand knives stabbing him. Like his heart was being squeezed. He sat up and clutched his chest as he groaned loudly in pain.

Emma heard him and her eyes flew open as she got out of bed and rushed downstairs as she was still in her pajamas.

She saw him clutching his chest and his eyes shut tightly in pain. She rushed over to his side, "Oh my god, are you okay?" She asked desperate.

"I'm fine, love" he breathed out while his eyes were still closed.

She clenched her jaw and grabbed his the collar of his black shirt since he took of his vest and his coat. "Don't give me that crap again, your not fine. What's wrong?" She asked firmly.

Hook sighed and opened his eyes as the pain started to slowly fade, "it's my chest..." was all he said before closing his eyes again.

She looked at him and sighed. She hesitated before undoing the few buttons of his shirt that were not undone. She put her hand on the left side of his chest and felt it was cold. She furrowed her eyebrows and slid the black material of his shirt to the side as she looked at his chest. It was turning bluish-white and it had some kind of patten with snowflakes. It was frosted, like he was turning to ice.

Hook looked down and saw what she was staring at, "what is that?" He asked confused at what he was looking at.

"I don't know" she said barely over a whisper as she kept brushing her fingers over his frozen skin. "We need to get you to Gold" she said snapping back to reality and pulling her hand away. She stared buttoning his shirt again, higher than he usually does.

"Right now, come on" she said getting off the couch and grabbing his coat which was hovering over the arm of the couch.

She handed it to him and he stood up as he put the heavy leather jacket on.

"Can you make it to the car?" She asked grabbing her keys off of the coffee table.

He nodded and looked down slightly not wanting to look at her. She saw him avoiding eye contact, which is so unlike him. He's always looking for her gaze. She walked up to him and looked up at him, "You're gonna be fine, Gold will find a way" she said looking for his eyes.

He still didn't look at her, he kept looking at ground. She looked at him sadly before bringing her hand to the back of his neck and leaned in, she rested her forehead on his as their noses brushed, "look at me" she whispered.

He slowly looked into her eyes. His blue gaze meeting her green one. "You're gonna be fine, I won't let anything happen to you" she said with a soft warm smile.

He looked at her for a few seconds and smiled before leaning in and pressing his lips to hers.

She smiled into the kiss. She felt this warm and fluttering feeling inside her, and she loved it. She needed more, she couldn't get enough of him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and tilted her head to the side deepening the kiss.

She remembered they needed to get going and pulled away with her arms still around neck as she clutched the short strands of his hair, that were now white, and let them slide between her fingers, "we have to go" she whispered.

He nodded and bit his lip. She stepped back, "I'm gonna go get dressed, I'll be back" she said and rushed upstairs.

Hook stood still and slid his tongue out over his bottom lip, remembering how she tasted. He swears every time they kiss, it's the same first kiss feeling. The excitement, the butterflies, the goosebumps.

"Ready?" Emma asked coming down stairs in her jeans and a black sweater with a jacket in hand since the temperature had been dropping.

"Aye" he answered snapping out of thought. Emma went over to the kitchen counter and took a pen with a piece of paper writing down a note for her parents.

Left early to go to Gold's shop, be back later

- Emma

Hook walked over to the door and waited for her. She left the note on the counter where it was visible and put on her deep purple leather jacket.

"You feeling better?" She asked walking over to Hook and opening the door.

"How can I not feel good after that kiss" he smirked.

She rolled her eyes with a smile and walked out the door with him following close behind her as they headed towards the yellow bug.