05 ▹ party

SOMEHOW, I was convinced. More like, I was kidnapped from my own apartment by both Johnny and Candice to come to this ridiculous party. I mean, the reason behind the party is good, but I just didn't want to join the occasion.

As soon as we showed up, Pete was nowhere to be found because, only two hours earlier, he had to go back to the U.K. I was sad without him around, but he was living his dream, too, and I just had to accept that. He accepted my dream as much as I did his.

Candice had stuffed me into my somewhat small bathroom and dressed me. Literally. There is no joke about it. She let my natural curls fall, but made me look presentable, though. For my makeup, she wanted to keep me as natural-looking as possible, so all she did was put a touch of makeup on my face, such as shiny pink lip gloss and eyeliner and mascara.

As for my outfit, she had that covered, too. She dressed me in this black dress-like outfit that was actually shorts. It's hard to explain, but it actually looked good on me. I was surprised at her taste, to be honest.

 I was surprised at her taste, to be honest

However, we are now here at the party. The music wasn't very loud, just soft and to the point that everyone could hear it and not have to scream over it to talk to one another. Most sections of the room was dark and mysterious-like.

Upon grabbing myself a drink, I looked down into the red cup before sighing and glancing up. I turned my attention to the right, where I spotted Tommaso, out of all people, hanging out in a dark corner by himself with a drink and black suit on. And, of course, he is hanging by a wall, too. He fit the dark and mysterious creation of this whole party.

For whatever reason, I start to make my way that way and gulped on my way getting there. I get to the wall and lightly press my back to it, feeling the somewhat cold walls hit my back through my clothes. I'm wanting him to finally speak to me, to say anything at all — even if it's rude.

However, before I could speak to him first, he jumped off of the wall and walked away, which angered me even more. I rolled my eyes and took a huge sip from my drink. I swallowed it whole and didn't even think twice about it, either.

Then, within the blink of an eye, somebody appeared through the dark and I almost automatically recognized it to be Ricochet or, Trev, as I call him by his real name. He popped up and without Bianca, which was surprising by itself.

"Hey, Trev," I smiled and he grinned back. "What's up?"

"Nothing much," he almost slurred and laid back on the wall with me. "You look really good tonight, Nik. I mean, you always do, though."

I giggled, lightly press my hand over my chest, and breathed out: "Thanks, Trev. You look good as well." And he really did, too. He usually always did, though, but his pure black suit tonight with a single red tie tied in with it was awesome on him.

Then, the conversation took off from this point on. Trev stood there with me and filled the gaps of silence in my life and at this party. To be honest, he seemed tipsy, but not to where he was full-blown drunk just yet. However, he was just one and a half sheets into the wind, not two yet.

He was buttering me up, making me feel special and getting really close to me. I noticed this, but I couldn't help it when I didn't pull backwards. I just wanted someone to talk to me, even if it wasn't Tommaso, who was purposely ignoring me.

We talked and drank together for well over an hour and, by this point, Trev was full-blown drunk. There was no doubt about it, either. Of course, being the one that drank with him, I felt that it was my duty to take care of him, too.

So, I vowed to take care of him. Leaving the party, I had his arm roped over my shoulders and tried my best to get him in my car before he collapsed on top of me.

"Wait," I heard him say before I could even get him off the sidewalk to the parking lot. I turned towards him and looked, but didn't have time to before he suddenly stopped and kissed me.

It wasn't just a tiny little peck to the lips, it was a full-blown kiss. I couldn't believe it or the sensation that I felt run up my spine, but it wasn't the sensation of satisfaction, either. It was more like... A confused sensation. Trev had always been one of my closest guy-friends, never the type to ever be my boyfriend. This kiss wasn't just in-the-drunk-moment. It was personal and I felt that, too.

Of course, I'm totally confused and shocked, but decide it's best not to say anything afterwards. Besides the fact, I can't even speak. I'm speechless.

Unfortunately for Trev, he didn't even fully realize what he had done and, then, I heard Johnny in the background of all this when he suddenly ran up and took ahold of Trev. He and Candice together had to carry Trev away to their car when I hear them shout back: "We got him, Nik!"

I watched them leave with Trev into the bitter darkness and drive away, taking him back to his place. For a moment, I was still standing there like a deer dumbfounded in the highlights. Then, still in disbelief, I found myself backing up until I found the bench that was outside of the Performance Center on the side of the building in the front. I sat down and didn't do anything, but sit there.

After trying to clear my mind before I could leave, I seen the shadowy-figure before I seen their face. Coming and sitting next to me on the bench, I slowly looked up to my right to see their face and it was a complete surprise to me of who it was.

To my ultimate surprise, it was Tommaso in the fucking flesh. He just sat there in complete silence with me and I decided pretty quickly that I wouldn't even try and say anything to him, just sit there in silence with him like he wasn't even there.

Then, after a few minutes of our awkward silence, he finally climbed back to his feet and goes to leave, which I expected from him. However, he went to leave, but not without saying the first words to me of: "Get home safely."

For whatever reason, his first words to me hit me like a bus, but all he did was walk away into complete and utter darkness. I just sat there for another five minutes by myself with my mouth ajar and hearing his words repeat in my head like a broken record.

• It's short and to the point, but it's FINALLY up! But, holy crap, wtf are you even DOING, Trev!? NOT OKAY! She's ENGAGED and your FRIEND! Oh, and, her best friend may or may not be completely OBSESSED and IN LOVE with you, too!? 😅 All the love .xx •