13 ▹ alone

"PETE!" I called out his name as soon as I came storming into the apartment. "Are you home?"

"In here, babe," I heard him call back from the bathroom that is with my bedroom. I stumbled through the bedroom door, shutting it behind myself, and going in the bathroom. He was standing in there and brushing his teeth, looking at me with the help of the mirror. "What... is it?"

"Let's go to Vegas," I blurted out and his eyebrows went up in question. For... what? "So that we can finally get married."

With that said, he spat out everything that was in his mouth and quickly rinsed it out, turning around to finally look at me face-to-face. "Are you fucking nuts?" he asked, shaking his head. "When we finally get married, it will be in front of all of our family and friends — not in front of a fake Elvis."

"But, c'mon," I groaned as he ignored me, switching the light off in the bathroom and headed into the living. Of course, I followed him around like a lost puppy. "We could get official in Vegas and, then, we get married in front of God and everyone later on."

"What's the rush?" he sighed and sat on the edge of the bed, shaking his head, while taking off his shoes. "Geez. We just got engaged not that long ago."

"It's been almost two months," I claimed with another huff. "Other people have gotten married as soon as they got engaged. Why can't we?"

"Because we're — I don't know — normal," he huffed out and rolled his eyes, after throwing his socks off. When I went to open my mouth again to speak, he shifted his body towards me and placed his hands around my wrists, our eyes connecting together. "Look, baby, let's just enjoy being engaged for now. We have the rest of our lives to be married. Let's enjoy now. Okay?"

What was the rush? Oh, I don't know... How about when people don't take us seriously? How Tommaso keeps showing how he doesn't approve, of how Mikey always flirts with me, and how I need to run away from Trev's deepest feelings for me. I wanted to get married, so that we wouldn't have anything else to prove to anyone. We would finally be one.

Finally, I just slowly nodded and released a deep breath. "Okay."

"Okay?" he asked again, just to be sure. He was looking for my eyes, so I finally allowed him to see them. He cracked a smile, one that always made me melt to the ground. "You're so beautiful, especially when you're so determined."

"Really?" I blushed, allowing him to slowly tear me away from my thoughts. My cheeks were flared-up with red, I'm sure.

"Really," he claimed and, then, that's when he began to lean in until his lips met mine.

I melted into the kiss, immediately allowing him to take over. I placed my right hand behind his head and my other hand held us up while his arms wrapped around my body. I had my eyes closed and fell right into his trance.

He laid me down on the bed and was somewhat on top of me (while also being beside me). He kept his hands wondering as I allowed mine to do the same, too. Our kids became deeper and more intense until clothes slowly began to be stripped off one by one. I almost didn't notice until I was down to just my bra and panties.

His left hand dug into my panties and I moaned into his mouth, which he seemed to always enjoy. He had his tongue begging for access into my mouth, finally, and I allowed him to. We kept it going for a while until I felt that he was hard against my body, and I melted at the sensation.