06 ▹ aftermath

TWITTER"I keep my eyes on the Lord

TWITTER
"I keep my eyes on the Lord. With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken." — Psalm 16:8
4.6K Retweets | 2.3K Likes | 3.2K Comments

— — —

"HE kissed me, though, Candice," I breathed out to her in disbelief. Again, we were at the Performance Center and sitting inside in the center of one of the rings. Our legs were crossed and we were facing one another. I was telling her about what happened only last night with Trev. "I just can't believe it, to be honest."

"Yeah, that's not like him at all," she sighed out and seemed to be thinking even harder about something else, though. "What about Pete, though? Are you gonna tell him? Or, even Bianca, for that matter?"

"I-I don't even know, Candi," I quickly replied and about to yank my hair out. I was beyond frustrated. "How do I even handle this situation? What would you do?"

She placed the question in her head and rolled it around for a minute before she looked me in the eye and finally said: "If it was me, Nik, I would tell Johnny. I mean, he's my husband and I tell him everything. It should be that way with Pete and you."

"Maybe you're right," I sighed and brought my knees to my chest, steadying my chin in the arch. "What about B, though?"

"Maybe you should go ahead and tell her, too," Candice shrugged and bit down on her bottom lip.

"I can't, though," I countered and she studied me for a second longer. "I mean... She'll hate me, even if he was the one that kissed me. She'll definitely think that there's always been something between us two or something. Y'know, like Trev has always somewhat chosen me over her..."

"Maybe he's always been in love with you, though," Candice suddenly announced and my eyes widened. She was now hyped as she grabbed my wrists, and dragged us closer together. "It makes sense!"

"How?!"

"It just does, Nik," she continued and began to explain how. "Look, he is always somehow with you, y'know? He used to take you on all the rides than B. He was your shoulder to cry on when Pete would break-up with you all the time. He was somehow always there. He freaking loves you, dude!"

"Would you shut up, Candice, before—!?"

"GUYS!" A very familiar woman's voice screamed and we looked just as Bianca came running into the ring and falling in the middle of us. "Oh, my gosh! I can't breathe right now!"