10 ▹ drunk

TODAY was different than any other day so far here at NXT. For once, I was all alone. Johnny and Candice decided to stay the day off early and go find some new furniture for their place while I didn't even bother to call Bianca because she was up Trev's ass, I'm sure.

For that, I am all alone today on this Saturday day. Everyone was in a relationship and spending their weekends with their spouses. My spouse was all the way over in the United Kingdom while I was here in Orlando, Florida. He wasn't going to be back for another week or so. Until then, I was all alone.

Outside of my apartment door, I could hear noises — like someone was roaming around there in the hallway. It was yelling and I was almost scared to see what was going on, but, of course, my curiosity got the best of me. The saying is: "Curiosity killed the cat."

Cracking my door and looking out, I spotted someone in the hallway and they were pacing back and forth, but down the ways from my door. They were on the phone and saying: "Well, I don't care! Just leave me alone already, Jessie!"

I stepped outside and looked down to the man that was screaming at someone on the phone. I immediately recognized him as Tommaso Ciampa, himself. He didn't see me standing there since he had his back turned.

"It's over, Jess," she spat out and, for the woman on the other end, this had to sting. "You didn't want what I did and, now, it's over. Stop calling me just because you feel lonely."

Then, he pressed on the button on his phone and swung his fist out while crushing his phone inside of it. He spun around with the fist and, then, that is when he noticed that I was standing there.

"Nicole—"

"I'm sorry," I apologized first before he could accuse me of intruding in on his privacy. "I just came out to see who was yelling. Are you okay?"

He gulped and briefly had glanced down to his boots, shaking his head. "Yeah, just fine."

"Okay," I breathed out and slowly nodding. "I'll just leave you to... Whatever you were doing."

I turned the knob to my door and headed back inside without giving him another look. I was about to lock my door again when there was a sudden knock at my door. I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion and, then, I opened the door. Tommaso was standing there, more calmer than he was from only a second before.

"Hi," I said and he gulped back, "Hey." I didn't know what to say or do. What did he want? "What's up?"

"What are you doing today?" he asked, which surprised me. "I mean, um... Y'know."

I didn't exactly, but was he trying to hang-out with me? "Um, nothing today," I replied and slowly shook my head. "Why? What's up with you today?"

"Um," he said first and scratched the back of his head, almost like he was being all awkward about it. "Because... I'm not doing anything today. Wanna hang-out?"

"We're not friends, Tommaso," I countered and gave him a stern look.

He rolled his eyes and spat out: "Fine, I get it. We're not friends... But we could just be strangers today that hang-out."

I didn't understand his thinking behind it, but I was still sort of intrigued that he wanted to hang-out with me so badly. For this, I opened my door more, so that he could come inside and, seemingly emotional-less, he walked in and I locked my door behind him.

He just stood there in the living room, wondering where to go next and what to do. I came up beside him and pointed to the couch. "You can sit there with me," I said and he headed that way before I could.