26 ▹ birthday

TWITTERCandiceLeRae: You'll always be my best friend ✨ Happy Birthday, Sis 💕

TWITTER
CandiceLeRae: You'll always be my best friend Happy Birthday, Sis 💕

14.1 Likes | 5K Retweets | 2.5K Comments

— — —

"NICOLE..." He whispered in my ear, poking at the skin on my back. "Are you awake, baby?"

"Mm," I hummed, stirring in my deep sleep. "Nope."

"Yes, you are," he laughed, bent down, and kissed the back of my neck. "We should get up already and start our day."

"But I'm still so sleepy," I murmured and buried my face more into my pillow. "Start the day without me."

"I'd rather start it with you," I heard him say as he got off the bed to probably change. "Get up. The world is waiting on us, baby."

"...Nik? Nicole," I heard somebody new say my name. "Honey, wake up!"

They turned me around and I sucked in my breath, out of surprise. It was Candice, who looked worried sick. "What?" I breathed out, dazed and confused.

"I've been trying to wake you up for the past five minutes," Candice breathed back out, exhausted. "Damn. What were you dreaming of? Must of been good."

I shook my head, sat up, and placed my right hand over my forehead. "Uh, n-nothing," I stuttered out, closing my eyes. "It was stupid."

"Yeah, okay," she rolled her eyes, smiling sarcastically. "Anyways, you need to get up."

"Why?" I instantly asked, pulling my eyebrows in together. Then, I glanced over to the clock next to my bed on the side-table, and it read out: 10:45 A.M. "What the hell?"

"You seriously don't know what today is, Nik?" Candice asked, non-sarcastically. She was really confused and acquisitive.

Before I could answer, my door flew open and a bunch of balloons entered through before they were divided up and Johnny stood there. He had a smile painted across his face when he cheered: "Happy Birthday, Nicole!"

Birthday? I nearly coughed this out, but just stared instead. It isn't my birthday... Or, is it? Have I really been so damn down and depressed that I have completely forgotten when my birthday was?

Candice turned to look over her shoulder and said to Johnny: "She seriously forgot her birthday. Can you believe that?"