31 ▹ forgiveness

THIS morning, I woke up next to Tommaso with his strong arms wrapped around my small body and his breath hitting the back of my neck. This is something that I always wanted, but never received from Pete.

I enjoyed waking up this morning and automatically feeling loved by his embrace, alone. I felt wanted and that is the only thing that I have always wanted. I wanted to constantly be tangled up in his arms and between the sheets.

"Mm," I hummed under my breath and rolled around, eyes still closed and smiling.

"Hm?" Tommaso hummed back, moving my body around in his grasp. It was like we were speaking to each other in hums.

I shook my head and said with actual words: "We gotta get up."

"Nope," he smiled on top of my ear with his head on top of mine. "We're staying here forever and ever."

I shook my head, still smiling, and claimed: "We can't... I have to get up and go check on Bianca with Trevor, Johnny, and Candice."

"Mm," he hummed out again and sighed. "But, isn't she still being an asshole towards y'all?"

I somewhat rolled my eyes while they remained closed and also sighed, shrugging. "Yes, but," I started to say to him as I turned in his grasp and faced him, both of our eyes opened and staring into the other's. "She needs to know that people are there for her, even if she's being the asshole and we're all still pissed at her for what she and Pete did."

"What about you, then?" Tommaso suddenly asked, eyebrows raised in question. He must of seen my confused expression because he added: "As in, are you — by yourself without Trevor — still pissed at her for what she did?"

My eyes fell as I began to think about his question for a moment. Honestly, I didn't have to think about it anymore. I knew the answer to it. I reconnected my eyes up to his and answered truthfully: "I'm not mad at her anymore. Want to know why?"

He grinned and sat his arm up, holding his head up. "Why?"

"Because," I gulped out and quickly pecked my lips to his, "I have someone now that will make me forget all about the whole situation and, most importantly, Pete. Plus, it was only a matter of time before he cheated on me again, and he had to take advantage of Bianca for her to just willingly sleep with him."

"You think so?" he asked, with his eyebrows raised in question. "I mean, maybe she wanted to feel something for once and wanted to sleep with him."

I took a deep breath and rolled my eyes. "Well, whatever the situation," I began to say and placed my hand on his shoulder, "it's over now. Pete got what he wanted and some more. And, in the end, I did, too. So, it all worked out... All except for Bianca, of course, and Trevor, too."

"That's what I would like to hear," he whispered just as he leaned down and smacked his lips to mine, which lasted a full minute, really. "Alright, time for us to get up now."

"Really?" I smirked while he untangled his arms from being wrapped around me and rolling out of the bed on his side. I laid back and watched him lean over the side of the bed. "We're finally getting up when you want to?"

"Yeah," he laughed and shook his head. "I call the shots around here, y'know."

I laughed aloud and acted, as if, I was wiping away a tear from under my eye. "You're funny," I claimed and rolled over on my knees, slowly crawling my way over to him. I came up behind his body and wrapped my arms over his neck, whispering into his ear: "You run things around here?"