17 ▹ landfall

THE sound of talking and such made me wake up, when I didn't want to. I blinked until my eyes could fully open, noticing that everyone was getting up and getting their things out from the top. Had we already landed?

I slowly realized that my head was titled and not straight-up, like when I fell asleep. My head was laying on something that was hard and somewhat soft, too. That's when I discovered that I was laying on Tommaso's shoulder with my left arm wrapped with his right.

He slowly pulled his head to the right and blinked his arms open. As he was waking up, too, I quickly tried to snatch my arm out from the tight grip that it had with his. However, I wasn't so lucky as he pulled his eyebrows together in question after looking at our arms together and, then, he looked up at me.

"Before you ask," I gulped out with my index finger up from my right hand, "I have no idea how that happened. I just woke up, too."

"Well, get off of me," he snapped and snatched his arm from the loop that ours were just in. He unbuckled himself and stood up.

At first, he tried to stretch out — even with the people trying to get out around him — and, then, he opened the top compartment. He took down my suitcase and handed it to me. I took it and went off to the side while Tommaso was kind enough to hand the suit's suitcase to him while I got away quickly.

Once Tommaso had his things, I followed him off the plane until we were out in the airport. As soon as we were there, he took off and I tried to grab his arm. "Tommaso, wait—" Of course, he wouldn't and just disappeared.

"Nik?!" I heard Candice say and, as I turned around to face her, she came up to me and hugged me. "There you are."

"Here I am," I said with little to no emotion at all to it.

She must of caught on to it because, when she separated us, she had a stern look on her face. "What's wrong? Did he hurt your feelings?"

"No," I lied, quickly spitting it out. "Anyways, where's Johnny?"

"Getting the rest of our luggage," she said and placed her arm over my shoulders. "C'mon, let's go find him."

She dragged me along with her until we saw Johnny, who had both his and Candice's luggage under his arms. "Here you go, babe," he grunted out, handing Candice her suitcase. I already had mine, since I only packed one bag. "What's wrong, Nik?"

"Tommaso hurt her feelings, like he always does," Candice told Johnny and my mouth fell. What the fuck did I just tell her?!

"No, he didn't," I claimed, debating on rather or not if I was defending him or not. "We talked and we're better now. I swear."

"Whatever, you liar," Candice suddenly said, her eyes squinted together before she rolled them and looked at Johnny. "I have a feeling that he did."

I sighed and rolled my eyes, too, but at her. She took her suitcase and led the way. Johnny and I followed closely behind her, and I could already tell that Johnny wanted to talk.

"So," he breathed out with gritted teeth, "did he hurt your feelings?"

I sighed and shook my head. "No, I promise, Johnny," I reassured him with a shrug. "Everything that he said was honest. I can respect that."